New Paste Command Options for Faster Workflow

Can confirm I’m having the same issue, which only started occurring recently; I didn’t see it happening before the two commands were added, so I’m unsure on these features’ correlation to the bug.
EDIT: Bit different from your workflow, this issue occurs to me even when I don’t close either studio windows. This only occurs with Ctrl+Shift+V specifically.

5 Likes

Nice.
It should help a lot when a good part of your Workspace is below the 0 Y axis level.

Why do the new options appear for non-3d instances? For instance, when copying decals, you have the option to paste into at original location, but it doesnt do anything different from paste into

3 Likes

This is a nice addition, thank you!

Does this work in the script editor?

1 Like

This update has seemingly broken Ctrl + Shift + V entirely. I can no longer “paste into” even after adjusting keyboard shortcuts >.>

22 Likes

It’s extremely convenient, I would even say essential, to have the option to paste non-3D objects than
to not have the ability to at all.

For example, if someone were to replace/remove the primary paste function so they would only use the new ones (they always want pastes to be in their original position) and it couldn’t paste non-3D objects, they would have to use both the normal and the new paste methods with different keybinds instead of just these new paste methods. Which could really hinder productivity/ease of use.

1 Like

It seems the Paste At Original Location doesn’t exist (or it was not renamed yet):

1 Like

AFAIK, the basic Paste function is not available in the Explorer, only in the Viewport. Since the basic Paste function is not available in the Explorer, the Paste At Original Location is not going to be there either.

You can find the Paste At Original Location in the context menu when right clicking in your Viewport underneath the Paste and Paste Into options.

2 Likes

You’re right, thanks.

2 Likes

It would be nice if the paste options were merged into one instead of bloating the context menu.

In fact a lot of things in context menu could be merged

27 Likes

Since I’ve noticed the addition of these 2 new options, the shortcut for Paste Into (Ctrl + Shift + V) no longer works. The shortcut is visible in File → Advanced → Customize Shortcuts but nothing happens.

4 Likes

Yup same issue here. It’s more annoying than I thought it’d be. At first I thought my keyboard was the problem!

2 Likes

I can confirm this issue for myself and two of my colleagues.

There seems to be a workaround (until it breaks again): right click the instance you want to paste into, and select the paste into option. Not only will this do what you want, but it’ll also “fix” the keybind being broken until the keybind breaks again.

So this is why CRTL + SHIFT + V ain’t working anymore…

Get the QA team before relea- oh wait, it’s gone.

8 Likes

This update seems to have broken Command + Shift + V.

5 Likes

This prevents me from using “CTRL+ V” or “CTRL + SHIFT+ V” in Studio.

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue myself for at least the past few days…wasn’t sure what changed or caused it, but thought something was up. Thanks for confirming it!

Add translation also for these commands.
I’m Japanese and quickly noticed it was not translated!

Same here! I even restarted my PC.