New Platformer Template!

That could be because the platform is limited to a rate of 30fps

9 Likes

Dashing, rolling and doublejumping are in a lot of platformers and are not unique to find everything.

17 Likes

These are nice, but could we have the first AI template like AI shooters or something, Unreal engine has a starter template called Lyra and it has some cool AI shooter bots. I wish roblox could add this too. @MintyUltra

8 Likes

ok now, wheres the 2024 version of business simulator template

8 Likes

This is really nice, Are yall gonna make any more templates in the future? New baseplate maybe? new spawn new grid texture? Maybe like this?

10 Likes

Let’s go! This is awesome, that camera smoothing is a chef’s kiss :smile:

In short, there could be more use of the movement mechanics, more level/level design, and maybe a better camera (track and follow toggle). For my longer reaction to this, see this post:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-do-you-feel-about-the-new-platformer-template/3087303/12

10 Likes

How would I make it so that if the player is walking backwards with shift lock. they dash backwards? I already have animations made for that but im very new to scripting and not sure how to add that into the game. If anyone knows please feel free to help me

8 Likes

Personally I think there should be a template unity like with already moving platforms and parkour obstacles.

though with the new revamp for the gui and the addition of custom tabs, it’s going to improve by ten fold at some point.

10 Likes

Does it make difference if moving platforms are animated with either TweenService or HingeConstraint/CylinderConstraint with servos/motors?

5 Likes

Looks cool! I’m definitely going to try it out!

10 Likes

what about a horror game template

15 Likes

rest in piece :heart:

25 Likes

Actually a great template! This one has a LOT of effort put into it and its very solid. 10/10

5 Likes

Another W from roblox, thank you!

3 Likes

I love this, I tried it before looking at the post! :D

4 Likes

I have saved it in my files before it getting deleted.

4 Likes

Glad to see Roblox continuing to provide resources to creators! One of the problems I face is sourcing high quality assets / asset packs that I have permission to use. I would love to see more asset packs for developers to use.

6 Likes

this is super nice for newer developers. thanks again roblox, the recent templates have been amazing!

3 Likes

Wait, NOOOOOOOO!!!

It’s just a copy of every single movement aspect of Find Everything!!!

They probably didn’t COPY it, but I mean at least Roblox recognizes it lol

3 Likes

This Template is super cool. you guy’s did an amazing job!

4 Likes