New "publish to roblox as" behavior reverts changes

When you used to press “Publish To Roblox As” (alt + shift + p), it would save to the place you published to AND it would keep the changes on the place you’re publishing from.

This behavior is no longer present, and it has caused some of my bug fixes to be reverted since I publish to the main game from a development place. it also makes you edit the new place you are publishing to. please fix/change it. :confused:

This is so frustrating to me since I’ve been unknowingly overwriting bug fixes. I literally just got a report of a bug that I fixed a WEEK ago, and I check my codebase in the development place and my edits are gone.

Hello,

Sorry about the trouble you’ve had here, I think I can shed some light on what is happening.

For this example let’s say you have two places. One is the Dev place and one is the Prod place.

If you are in the Dev place and “Publish As” to the Prod place, whether you still have the Dev place open after the publish depends on two things:

• If either Dev or Prod has Team Create enabled, Studio will keep the Dev place open, which I believe is the behavior you are expecting.
  • If neither place has Team Create enabled, Studio will open the place you just Published over, which is the behavior you are seeing.

This happens because of historical reasons with the way Team Create was first implemented. We’re looking at what changes we can make this process more consistent across all types of saves, but for now my best advice for a workaround is to enable TC in one or both of the Dev/Prod places even if you aren’t actively working with anyone else on developing them. That should get you back to the Publish behavior that you expect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.