New Roblox category just for Roblox outages and issues

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get clear communication when Roblox is experiencing and outage or just a simple issue. Yes we have a Roblox Status Page, but there is no feature to subscribe to get notified about issues. Because of this I’m making this post so we can get a category just for Roblox outages and issues. The topics could be sent by Roblox engineers, or automated so right when it notices there is an issue with the website it sends an automated message that turns into a topic about the issue. I think this would really improve the communication between Developers and Roblox.

Should Roblox consider adding this?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Please leave your opinion on this down below!

11 Likes

Why isn’t the official Roblox status page the go-to location? It is in real time and any issues that happen will update the page.

1 Like

you can’t subscribe to it, so you won’t receive any notifications when it goes down and have to check the page every minute

2 Likes

Anyone can use Twitter or DownDetector instead.

1 Like

For Twitter, not everyone has a Twitter account, and for the down detector, it is not ran by Roblox so anyone could just mass report a fake bug.

5 Likes

DownDetector seems odd, I clicked on the UAE and it’s still english, but when Saudi Arabia, Egypt or any other Arabic country is clicked, it’s changed to arabic, and The United Arab Emirates speaks arabic as they have “Arab” in their name, also people in the united states always mass reports every day

Twitter is also odd, not everyone have an account and you must be 13+ to enter there (You must be 13+ to access the devforums but some categories doesn’t require you to log in to see) and 45% of the players are under 13, and they don’t play roblox at the weekdays as they have school and they caused roblox to go down every saturday (people blamed preston but it’s not him obviously)

3 Likes

Well it is Preston technically.

3 Likes

It’s not realtime. Source: Every time Roblox goes down or has some sort of outage, it doesn’t update despite saying “Updated a few seconds ago” and will say everything is normal for unspecified amounts of time (in extremely rare occasions even going well over 6 hours without a sign of anything changing)

As others are saying, downdetector (or similar forms of “mass complaint” pages like checking big Roblox discords for high activity) are your best hope currently for seeing if it’s just you or if there’s something actually abnormal going on.

5 Likes

well how come? players can’t crash roblox as they don’t have the power to crash roblox, technically everyone in roblox (except for David Baszucki)

1 Like

Server load crashes servers, I suggest you research data overloading.

2 Likes

Yes, this is true but the status category would just be for Roblox developers, so you would have to show proof that you have and actual game with at least 1K visits or something else that would show you are an actual developer.

1 Like