New Roblox Scam Going Around

Hello, everyone. My name is Flam_ed, and I am a current developer on Roblox and an experienced trader.

I recently started to get back into trading and once I did, more people commented on my avatar than usual. They would ask if I could be in their advertisements because they liked my avatar. Believe it or not the first time I got asked this, I didn’t think it was a scam. What they’re trying to do is get you to go on Inspect Element network section and have you send them your HAR file; which contains your cookies and can gain them access to your account. The second time this happened, I knew it was fishy, especially with an uproar of people obtaining HAR files and stealing limiteds. This first guy I talked to I genuinely thought he wanted my avatar to be on his ad. Little did I know, he wanted to obtain my HAR file. Sadly, this guy is a pretty decent trader I would like to assume, especially since he has a high amount of rap.

Update: I recently found out it’s against the terms of service to post users that have scammed on the devforums. If you’d like to gain intel on the scammers, message me at connor#0092.

Some of my friends fell for a HAR file trick recently as well and it was related to development help. Do not ever input data in Inspect Element, do not ever take data from Inspect Element, and watch what you download and click.

137 Likes