New Servers Not Respecting Avatar Type

I believe this is a Roblox-wide critical bug, but in case it’s specific to my game, I’m not going to set the title as such. Please let me know and I’ll add “CRITICAL” if this is (edit: done).

Without updating my experience, I’ve noticed that new characters are spawning as R6 avatars despite my Avatar Settings set to R15. This is really bad, as this completely breaks my game since it assumes avatars are R15. I have LoadCharacterAppearance set to off.

Here is the link to our game where this is happening in live servers: Sentinel // AI Uprising - Roblox

Expected behavior

Avatar Type to be respected as R15 when selected as R15.

16 Likes

Also happening to us in RoCitizens. Seems urgent.

3 Likes

Can vouch, this is easily replicatable by play testing in a studio with a predetermined R15 avatar type. Seems that a good 70% of the time it will force R6.

5 Likes

Just tried RoCitizens - I spawned in as R6, hovering above the ground with no animations. My animation was stuck a ‘jump’, wasn’t able to move. Everyone who could move is just hovering above the ground without any apparent animations otherwise.

3 Likes

Hello, we understand the urgency of the solution to this and have escalated it to the best people to look into it. We will give you updates as we figure things out.

17 Likes

The custom Walk/Run animations in my game randomly got replaced with an ugly r15 default walk animation, I made no changes leading to this happening.

2 Likes

This should be fixed now, thank you for your patience.

11 Likes

This has just started occurring again in RoCitizens.
I hope it is fixed again ASAP.

1 Like

Yes I can corroborate this. Happening again.

1 Like

same here, happening again in new servers

Thank you all for the heads up. We are investigating this.

4 Likes

I believe this should be resolved.

3 Likes

Hey there! It’s occurring again.

Same here, occurring again in new servers

@koob85 Apologies that this keeps popping up, is this still happening? It seems we now understand exactly what was causing this whereas before we weren’t totally sure.

2 Likes

good to hear! not occurring anymore :slight_smile: