New Settings Available in the Animation Editor

Nice, this will give the built in editor some more functionality. Probably wont use it much but this is a nice addition. I think you should add a graph editor for interpolation (if you want this to be a serious tool).

1 Like

Sorry for asking this irrelevant question :slight_smile: but are the looped animations played on local script replicated to the server now?

1 Like

While I’m very glad this is coming to the default animator, it’s still very basic. I probably won’t be using the default animator (except for the times when I test a new rig) until it’s a more better and advanced, like fixing your dang selection in the animator, it’s horrendous how hard it is to select something in the default animator! Hopefully we get more easing styles and multi-rig animating, but until then, I’m sticking with Moon Animator.

2 Likes

this will be really useful. Instead of changing the duration of the animation, it will be enough to change the Playback Speed ​​(for I am not a good animator)

Alright? Can we change this with script while playing animation? if so isn’t it the same as anim:AdjustSpeed() ?

1 Like

Hey, I know this is slightly off-topic, but the issue seems to be getting ignored and I felt like this would be the best way to let you know of the issue. It’d be greatly appreciated if you could look into it: Animation Editor plugin does not use TweenService::GetValue - uses custom EasingStyles module instead

2 Likes

Hi @InsuranceAflac, thanks for the suggestion! We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution based on animation retargeting, which lets you get animations created on one avatar and apply them to other avatars with different proportions and scales.

2 Likes

Thanks @PierceMikyoto, and yes, we are currently working on adding curve-based animations to the Animation Editor! Stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Ryl0P, the playback speed adjustment is only available in the editor. You can’t access this feature with scripts during gameplay.

1 Like

Thank you so much! It’s really good progress. I’m sure it will help me increase my animation skills. :slight_smile:

1 Like

YESS… i wanted this for SO LONG.

1 Like

Best news I’ve heard in a while! Please do add more easing styles though! Like Back! And Quad and whatnot! Would be really nice, and maybe a graph to see what the easing looks like via a graph like moon!

Does this mean I can mark this bug report of mine as solved?

Hi @PezzoGuy, yes this new update resolves the bug you filed a while back. Thank you for bringing that up to us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woah, thats amazing. do you plan on adding NLA strips to?

1 Like

Hey mods! I really like this update, while I use Blender Animations for animating rather than the built-in animation plugin, this will help alot if I look on to making animations on your animator.

Speaking of Blender, you should add built-in Blender support instead of having to download an additional plugin to import animations from blender into roblox. It’d be very helpful for many people. Thanks!

Loving the new features, The frame rate change is really useful to add small details for my action based animations. Been having some fun messing around with the playback speed and all of it’s new feature!. I am really thankful for all of the new features.

2 Likes

Pretty cool feature but it looks like Moon Animator is improving more than the official plugin. So I won’t use it

1 Like

built in blender support would be so cool. having them linked would be great for productivity.

1 Like

I think if we change the animation speed in the editor, that should be saved as the default speed when saving to Roblox (the same way it saves Priority and Animation Events).

I was disappointed to find out this wasn’t the case. My game is very animation heavy, so the fewer things that can only be resolved by script, the better.

Also, I didn’t see the option, but this would be the perfect time to set up animations to play in reverse as well (speed = -1).

Solid additions. Is there a way that we could get custom easing function support? It’s niche but, I have written my own easing methods and it would be nice to route it into the animation editor. I’ve been able to do it with blender and it’s been quite cool. Definitely something experienced users would love to have.

Edit: An increment input for determining the movement of nodes or key frames would also be nice.

1 Like