New showcase!

Images for those who can't visit

Game link: Public toilet {SHOWCASE} - Roblox

Portfolio: https://thulicore.artstation.com/

Comms open

17 Likes

Where is the soap and paper towels/dryers. :sob:

6 Likes

Pretty cool, VERY COOL (especially the cool bricks)

1 Like

Game link restored, bugs fixed

Evil Thulicore be like:
I do my lighting right instead of turning on shadows for everything and don’t do detail that isnt visible :smiling_imp:

But seriously, you should avoid the habit of turning on shadows on every light and thinking it looks good. It doesn’t and never will. Overly dark lighting and unnoticeable detail doesn’t make your build better either.

1 Like

Meh, it’s just a habit to make it more realistic. I don’t tend to think it looks good, but rather a minimum requirement.

Have you ever been to a public place? You would notice how they’re not super dark and don’t have the lights casting shadows everywhere.

The shadows do cast, but they’re not bold because there are usually other lights.

Also, you clearly haven’t been places at nighttime if you’ve not seen anything that dark not me who gets hallucinations after devving for 3 hours at night

this game will be very useful for me, I was in need of a game where I can spend all my years!!!

1 Like

To add on, there are also indirect bounces that scatter light into otherwise shadowed areas making the difference smaller. Shadows for all lights is definitely more realistic than no shadows, but unfortunately we don’t have access to tools like indirect bounce lighting to further improve the quality.

1 Like

Awesome! Like always, but it seems weird to say MALE TOILET & FEMALE TOILET; Please change it to something like Mens Room and Women’s Rooms.

Nice to see another one of your builds, but I feel like you like to make things a little bit too thin.

As stated before, thin ~= realistic. Please let that sink in, it’ll make your builds a lot better!

Realistically I could bend this lamp post if I really tried. One simple push from a friend and bam there it goes.

Secondly, I feel like the Brick material is clashing with the aesthetic of the metal. Either use smooth plastic, or find a better Brick material online (or create your own if you’re into that kind of thing)

Lastly, I’ve been places at night, and I can for one, say that not every light casts huge shadows like that! What I recommend is only turn on shadows if the light is pretty standalone. If the room is super lit up, there should be no reason as to why a shadow exists because the light should immediately make it disappear!

(also a bit confused on why the bathroom interior has an ikea type ceiling…?)

Good as always, but just some tiny things that ruin it.

2 Likes

One word. Awesome.

Rate 10/10

But like @Crazedbrick1 said, where are the soap and paper towels/dryers.

3 Likes

Ideally there would be shadows, but they aren’t always immediately apparent. Even if a light source completely surrounds an object from above there should still be some shadowing around objects, because not all parts of the light are unobstructed.

The issue is that the way light sources compute shadows isn’t built to take into account area lights in a physically correct way, including on surface lights. It’s technically physically correct for point light sources because the shadows are computed by projecting objects onto a flat plane with a central focal point behind it.

Area light sources on the other hand can be both obstructed and unobstructed simultaneously depending on where on the light source you are looking at so simple point based projections aren’t an accurate model. Some parts of the same light source are shadowed while others aren’t, and that’s a big problem with trying to model the big bar lights like in the build.

Roblox doesn’t seem have an option for an unshadowed ambient factor in individual lights, so a method to partially work around this could be using one shadowed light and one unshadowed where their 2 brightness values combine into the total light contribution. You can play with the weighting to put more or less emphasis on the shadows by making the shadowed one more or less bright compared to the unshadowed.

It still isn’t technically physically correct, because you would need a large number of shadow maps across the whole surface to make it look good, but I think it does look better than strictly all in on shadows or no shadows at all.

1 Like

why the lights yellow doe?
they should be a blue-ish white

1 Like

none allowed. We are subjugated to just running our hands under water and blowing on them to dry them off

2 Likes

the signs and the font, the sink is eerilyy clean and stuffs and it should not just be like that weird shape i also have yet to see a drain in the sink because of perspective

the theme should be white not yellow

This is gonna be a 9/10 from me!

To match the brick colour on the outside lol