New Song: Feedback

Hello! I made a new song and would like any feedback on it! (This was not sold to anybody!)

Any feedback/criticism is appreciated! Aswell as any name ideas!

9 Likes

I like how chill it is, I feel like I would probably call this song “Chill Vibes” but that’s just me. I really like the melody and all that, but I do suggest that you possibly add maybe a bit of a build up? Maybe add a few more instruments while it’s building up? Great song! Keep writing music!

1 Like

honestly the drum plate sound makes me uncomfortable

2 Likes

Its absolutely boring. Sounds like you just placed a bunch of notes and called it a tune. There is like no rhythm to it you know?

1 Like

Thanks! Im using Cakewalk rn so the only other instruments I have are the violin, viola cello and bass! I have to find some more plugins. Ty for the feedback!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Will look it up later today.

1 Like

Really cute tune…perfect for some sort of relaxing space, like a home hub or menu or fishing mini game XD
I think vxs might have a point about the drums being a bit basic tho…
I personally think some wood blocks would fit the chill theme very well…

and one of these too

lol that took ages to find its called a guiro

If you are using cakewalk you should never be short of instruments cos you can download free Virtual instruments (VSTs)
Here is a massive list

Also here is a great site for samples for drums n stuff
woodblock sounds—>https://samplefocus.com/categories/wood-blocks
Guiro Sounds —>https://samplefocus.com/samples?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=guiro

1 Like

Oh also its always useful to study other music to see how it works… a great way to do this is my using midi files… you can simply download them and import them into cakewalk, then remix or whatever…

1 Like

Yea ty!! I was only using the starter plugins from Cakewalk and only had piano, a drumset, bass and orchestra instruments

I downloaded a new plugin (SynthMaster) and don’t really use those drums anymore unless it’s completely necessary

tysm for feedback!!

1 Like

Sounds like music from the game “Make a Cake and Feed the Giant Noob” or something similar.

Overall, I quite like it!

2 Likes