New Studio Beta: Attributes!

I second this! I would love to see “empty” instances that we set attributes for.

6 Likes

When will it fully release, is it ok for me to use beta features for my actual game?

This feature will be a big help for me! Thanks!

1 Like

Roblox just added custom object. Holy cow.

4 Likes

I love you. I can’t say anything but that. I have been waiting for this for AGES!

These are my questions: will adding an attribute edit all of the same instance? For example, if I add an attribute to a part, will it also add on to the other parts? Or is it restricted to just that one part? Having both options(maybe 2 functions, :SetAttribute and :SetInstanceAttributes).

A more in depth explanation here:

Suggested Features:

I don’t see object value in there, that would surely be helpful!

Will there be a FindAttribute or WaitForAttribute function? This would improve consistency and help shorten code.

12 Likes

I’m really glad they added this, makes things feel more professional

2 Likes

That is really nice and it is going to help developers a lot

2 Likes

wouldn’t storing jsoned arrays with string typing work?

1 Like

AMAZING!

Gone are the days of just making values, now its not important to store values which is now useless on the other side can we get the table of attributes? in code

3 Likes

Wow, this is great! This looks like it’ll be really useful.

• CFrame
  • EnumItem
  • Instance
  • Region3

Also, the ability to tween attributes would be super useful, but if not that ok because we still have value objects.

3 Likes

This opens a lot af new doors! Excited to try this out without having to add values!

3 Likes

Object value type would be useful! For example we could add a “Destination” attribute to a portal/door to allow linking it to its destination portal/door object (to replace using ObjectValue).

8 Likes

yayyyy, big motivation coming into me! I have been waiting for attributes for quite a long ever since I saw colbert hyping it up XD

One question is, will there, by possibility be a method to get every attributes available within game? I would like to have some global configuration and link up those attributes to certain objects or simply review the attributes that I have set which both requires me to have a centralized way of altering those objects at once. If this method is available, I will be able to make a custom plugin to do so.

2 Likes

Finally! we’ve been waiting for this for years

2 Likes

this is much more practical and economical

1 Like

So far the only way to get them is by doing: Gun:GetAttribute("ReloadSpeed").

It would be nice if you could define like that however.

2 Likes

It is actually better not to be able to get them like that, because if you name a attribute the same as an existing property there could be issues, unless they added a safeguard that you can’t add attributes with property names that already exist.

1 Like

Wait a minute… I never even heard of this! Once it’s out of beta I might just move away from dictionaries because this seems to be easier to use. Can’t wait!

1 Like

That is true, they already have some name restrictions in place so they could possibly add that safeguard you said before allowing us to define it that way.

1 Like