New Studio Beta: Attributes!

Thank you! Much better than the objects!

1 Like

Just amazing, I am so glad this got added

1 Like

I might make a wrapper for these to support more values before release… that way you could get everything as if they were SUPPORTED;

Found a bug.

If you search for a property, then modify one of the properties, the attributes tab will appear when it shouldn’t (or maybe when it should, not sure haha).

6 Likes

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! I cannot wait for this to be a full feature, it will make coding certain things take less time, and it will make setting up the objects so they can be coded much easier! Goodbye settings folders, you may be missed!

This is great.
BUT
It would be even better to define Attribute Presets (groups of attributes we can apply to objects) and edit in one place

At the same time, there can be a string Attribute denoting a group of settings for a given instance, but then this is just deferring the obvious: thats self defeating.

I’d like scalability-of-changability along with this feature, otherwise its not nearly as usable for large-scale projects (or at least, large-scale projects that dont want to utilize this work-around)

3 Likes

My level of happiness right now is indescribable.

Sigh. I was initially excited, but now I see that it’s only applicable to custom attributes. This update could have done a lot more if it included the attributes already contained with an object, like a part. Other than that though, this does look like a good feature.

Attributes are great. I can easily customize and create my own properties for specific instances which can be later toggled easily by my team, attributes have proven to be more efficient than value objects and are much cleaner as well. Thanks!

15 Likes

Not to be rude but I don’t really still see a useful of Attributes. It’s just like Configuration folder but you can do it on other instances. :confused:

2 Likes

YES!!! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD FOR THIS UPDATE!! thank you soo much ROBLOX

2 Likes

This… this is a dream. So now we can think about creating our own properties. Fully support, I don‘t have the words to explain how good this is… Finally, I can create my own Instances by using attributes and already existing Instances.

1 Like

THIS IS SOOO awesomeeeee. Im so happy that this update has finally came. I was going to post in update request to have an option to add a property ourselves. And it came.
This will change so many things for the better.

1 Like

WOW. Wow, wow, wow! This is my favorite update in a long time, maybe ever–you guys need to be careful with setting the 2021 bar so high!

I’m honestly having a hard time digesting this update. There are so many ways that it improves my workflow, it’s overwhelming. I’m sure the community will (and likely already has) found a thousand ways to critique this, but to the team that worked on this feature: thank you. It’s amazing.

1 Like

This is crazy helpful. I can’t wait to use this.

I’m so going to use this frequently from now on, it’s so much cleaner and easier to set up than a bunch of BaseValues under a Settings folder (much more optimized too hopefully)

2 Likes

This is gonna be so useful! I’ve been waiting for this, thank you so much.

This will also change the fact that I keep forgetting to add .Value after boolvalues, stringvalues etc

1 Like

That’s great update, liked it. Seems useful.

Sweet now we have public variables like unity.

1 Like

Super excited to finally see this in beta. When this is live it will let me significantly clean up a lot of custom character properties and metadata that I just have kicking around in loose valueObjects.

My only concern with this is that after a quick test, it looks like accessing attributes is ~76x slower than accessing a value object. Will this be improved?
This looks much improved after a fix for this. Maybe only 2x slower on a negligible scale.

Also, there have been a few similar issues with QT interfaces and instances being deleted. Maybe this should be added to regular testing routine for new Studio features?

6 Likes