New Studio Command: Group as a Folder

Yup, every context menu / ribbon bar command’s shortcut can be customized (see the reply a couple above here which points out where to access shortcut customization).

3 Likes

So glad this is finally a feature!! I just tried it out and it’s nice you can conveniently ungroup both folders and groups with the same hotkey. I made a plugin for this some time ago and have been using it, but I find this would work so much better as I have issues with ChangeHistoryService not always working, that or my brain, heh.

Thank you srsly to whoever made this possible! :smiley:

3 Likes

This change will save players lots of time.

blessed update can’t lie. i love you very much roblox developers. now add a physics sleep api x :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks just amazing, I will use it. I hope it will help many developers!

Amazing change, I honestly think this will save alot of time for other devs!

Where was this years ago? This is very helpful. Thanks!

We have needed this for so long! Now I don’t have to pay for plugins that don’t even work to group stuff into folders! Thanks for the update!

Thank you so much! I used to use Reclass to convert Models to Folders because of how much more useful Folders are for organizing non-PVInstances, but now I can just create them directly!

1 Like

Nice update to be honest. This was needed a while back.

I’ve been doing this by accident for the past 4-5 days but I wasn’t able to replicate it and I got gaslighted into thinking it didn’t actually happen
Thanks for the announcement!

2 Likes

This is a Fantastic Addon !!
I hated repeatedly creating folders … then having to scroll way down to grab items… then scroll way up again… to place said items.

Def going to use this feature - Bravo Roblox.

as someone who quite recently started to use folders, this is incredibly good timing. cheers roblox

Same here

This new grouping feature will definitely help me organise parts when im making models

Doesn’t Ctrl+Alt+G already have a purpose? I’m pretty sure that is the default keybind to union, unless that changed.

edit: nevermind lol :slightly_smiling_face:

The keybind to union is CTRL+Shift+G, it’s very similar but not the same.

1 Like

Wow thanks, the old way for me was to

1. group as a model
  2. insert a folder in said model
  3. select children of the model
  4. deselect the earlier inserted folder
  5. drag the children into the folder
  6. ungroup the model

now all I need to do is one simple keyboard shortcut, thanks!

1 Like

Go to file, advanced, customize shortcuts. There you can change all keybinds and make new ones for certain windows and actions

2 Likes

And it’s + Opt + G for Macs.

Thank you so much for this awesome qol update! I’ve been using it a lot since the release.

I’d like to suggest an additional improvement. Oftentimes, folders contain baseparts, so it would be very useful to have the same functionality models have: Ctrl+R and Ctrl+T (default shortcuts) should rotate/tilt the baseparts which are descendants of the selected folder(s) instead of having to manually set the rotation angle and use the Rotate tool.

Thanks again!

3 Likes