New Studio Design stays in processes after its been closed taking up a significant amount of memory

Reproduction Steps

* Open any place. Wait a bit. Close it down again. Then look at Task Manager to see if the studio closes down properly.

System Information

• Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core Processor
  • 32GB DDR4 Ram
  • GTX 1070 Ti
  • Windows 10 Pro

Beta Features Enabled

• CSG Ver 3
  • Particle Flipbooks
  • Script Editor API
  • Scripts are non-strict
  • Start Page List Display

Expected Behavior

When I close down Roblox Studio, I expect all processes and instances of the studio to clean up properly.

Actual Behavior

If the place is a baseplate, there’s a good chance the process may correctly close itself but in slightly larger places, the process remains in task manager until I manually close it. Screenshot below. You can see my taskbar has no studio windows open, while my task manager still is taking memory from a closed studio:

Imgur
Imgur
(note the zero CPU utilization)

As part of my workflow, I usually do open up a lot of windows to work with different things, but with the new studio design, it takes much more memory and I have to end up closing down more windows than the old studio design. There were a few times when this issue crashed my computer entirely since studio ended up eating all my system memory.

Workaround

End Task the studio processes with Task Manager.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date Last Experienced: 2022-10-03 00:10:00 (-04:00)

6 Likes

Try a reinstall of studio, Because that should not be happening. Maybe your PC just doesn’t handle multiple windows? Also maybe since Studio uses Level 21 graphics by default in rendering settings, try decreasing the level one by one and see if it fixes anything.
Hope i helped! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for reporting this. I tried reproducing your issue, unsuccessfully. Are you still experiencing this issue?

2 Likes

Hi! So an update, with more thorough testing, it seems to be only happening in one specific experience we have, so I suspect it’s just a unique scenario. This experience has a lot of places in it.

As a comparison, I’ve opened other experiences, more or less that take up more memory on the computer, and they seem to close properly.

The experience that I have trouble with is this:

I wouldn’t be opposed to granting you team create access and an updated reproduction steps using this experience if it’s something that may help you see what the problem is.

Hi TeamSwordphin,

We’ve made a number of changes to the save workflow since this was posted. Can you confirm this is still occurring? Also, if this could be reproduced on a single instance and you could gather a log that would be super helpful.

Also can you confirm this is happening under (and possibly only under) Team Create sessions?

1 Like

I think after a few months, it got fixed and no longer leaves the processes in your task manager. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.