New Studio Feature - CollisionFidelity.PreciseConvexDecomposition (Enabled Globally)

This is really exciting ! :grinning:

Perfect - just what I needed! Thank you! :star_struck: :grinning:

15 Likes

This is a post that is on the devforums.

3 Likes

Are you able to PM me the models you used?

And you have the Beta Feature enabled through Beta Features settings, right?

Same as above, are you able to PM me the meshes that do this?

posted this in a group chat and everyone started screaming in joy.
thank you roblox, very cool. i can now make doorways without becoming a mime

I was replying to ttp and he has a file of the meshes, roblox place file

1 Like

Done and yes this is with all Beta features active. The volcano in same file is using the new feature just fine.

2 Likes

AHHH IT DID THIS TO MY GAME EVEN AFTER TURNING IT OFF!!!

NORMAL well I don’t have a screen shot!

3 Likes

If you are trying to revert, turning off the Beta feature doesn’t work. The newly created Data is still there. If you want to revert, you must go and set the CollisionFidelity on all the parts you changed to Default, Hull, or Box to truly revert.

The Beta feature simply enables or disables the ability to process the data. Once you process, the data is there regardless of Beta feature.

Confirmed with sfinteractive that I could repro his issue and have a fix on the way this week already.

Yeah I’m still getting gaps with the latest code that is releasing. Will add it to be bucket of models to debug, thankyou!

4 Likes

Perfect, thanks for investigating! I’m beyond stoked for this feature!

1 Like

Just a reminder while you’re playing around with your meshes: Box collision fidelity is way more efficient than either this or the classic decomposition. You should always make sure that the objects that don’t need fancy collisions like this are set to Box fidelity for the performance gains.

8 Likes

That looks pretty sweet! I can definitely see people using this.

Very happy you guys worked on this. Just having the option for something like low poly terrain or an odd doorway is great. Happy to have the option but mindful of the performance hit.

Any chance you can PM me some of those models? I’d like to see if I can see the same shadow problem.

I’m going to use this on all meshes and unions in my VR game, as VR needs precise collisions.

The amount of force I want to use to smash the like button would probably be considered an attack, so i’ll just click it a few times. Thanks lol

@Khanovich is it possible to also add surface support for this new feature?

These are seperated parts, but when I do Union on them the surface will not be visible.

2 Likes

Thank you oh so very much for working on this khanovich. We had some models thrown to the back burner due to collision issues (large single mesh houses with interiors, large docks, etc). This feature has flawlessly fixed all our issues and I’m so glad about the timing of this because we were about to go manually place parts inside the meshes to mimic collisions.

Once again, thanks so much!

1 Like

Hmmm, are you saying you are trying to make it so that the textures match after Union?

Yes. I am using studs and inlets for my lego bricks, but when I do Union the textures are removed or not visible.