New Studio Racing Template!

You can create procedural textures in Blender! There are various tutorials online that can help you come a bit closer to what we see in this template.

However, if you want to make it THAT realistic, you would need to comprehend UV Mapping and use software to highlight and create in the style you want to achieve such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Substance 3D Painter, and Adobe Substance 3D Designer.

2 Likes

so if I wanted to make a low poly house (or something else) I could use procedural textures and then export it into roblox?

2 Likes

Hello, for visitors here in Dev forum and also if you can’t publish it, you can test and edit the Modern Racing Game here: Modern Racing

5 Likes

For people who want to test out the placement system here’s the game link Racing Game - Roblox

4 Likes

Yeah, you can do that not only using procedural textures but also as image textures such as gradients for example! It would depend on the style you want to do… Then, make sure you save all of your progress (as well as the texture) and export it as a .fbx file!

2 Likes

Woo hoo! If this came out when I was just starting at roblox I would have only used this… I’ve heard people complain about no kart games on roblox before so this is great! Also comes with some nice pbr meshes…

2 Likes

That’s nice! However, if the car crashes at high speed, the screen flies into the sky and the car doesn’t move or the character seems to disappear.

6 Likes

cool new template for a cool new year

However, does have it flaws

It does not like Streaming Enabled, because of checkpoints outside of radius, itll error since they are missing, causing the client to never be able to hit them

Trying to edit nitro server sided becomes an issue since nitro consumption is based on client, so have to fire a remote, which can be exploited

besides that, did get nitro bottles working on the track, along with adding support for if flags show, and countdown indicator models, just used the old template map because funny

9 Likes

I would be very grateful if you or the community make a tutorial on how to make your own car models based on this provided system, I use the classic old A-Chassis Tune, which is very outdated, but it is simple for a beginner. And this system of machines, to be honest, is difficult for me, as a person who does not know much about programming

2 Likes

goes way too hard for a template

4 Likes

Thanks! That worked perfectly! By any chance, do you know how to change the wheels’ size?

2 Likes

You can resize the wheel sphere by holding Ctrl and resize the tire model accordingly in the same way, then paste those size values on the other wheels and tires.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, I’m asking how to resize wheel spheres so the car doesn’t glitch out.

1 Like

This is wonderful! Super glad to see some of the old templates being remodeled for future developers. :partying_face:

I, myself, had a tough time using the previous racing template but this new one is an absolute blast! :boom:

2 Likes

This new car system is alot more complex compared to the old and also has some problems people may face. I’m attempting to scale the vehicle down so it can be fit for other vehicles like ATV’s however it becomes unstable at even the slightest size change. Anyone know what could be causing this?

https://gyazo.com/03d0000fa2749334b4a3cdab129ba356

5 Likes

I’m running into that problem too. What seems to be working for me is just changing the scale of the entire thing:

2 Likes

Any time Im bored I just kinda open the template cause by golly is it fun! And yalls didnt remove the classic which is really nice! Thank you for this!

1 Like

there is a problem with the car, it only works with streamingenabled

1 Like

You didn’t need to do that. This is the official game.

3 Likes

The remake it deserved.
Love it!

1 Like