New Studio Racing Template!

Happy new year Creators!

Continuing our efforts to modernize the Studio Templates, we’ve released a brand new and modernized Racing template! Keep reading for some instructions and more details about the template.

Car

We’ve updated the endorsed dune buggy with an improved model, PBR materials, and enhanced gameplay features.

Nitro!!!

The car can be easily tuned by adjusting various attributes on its components.

Racing System

The racing system has been built to be easily extendable and customizable. Multiple races can be created in an experience and have min/max players, laps, etc. configured individually.

Checkpoint visuals are automatically created when the race starts.

New races can be easily created; simply duplicate the Race folder and place the checkpoints in the desired order.

Note: when adding or removing checkpoints, make sure they are in order and that the correct naming convention (Checkpoint1, Checkpoint2, …, CheckpointN) is followed.

Environment and Modular Track

We’ve created a new environment to drive around in, using custom PBR materials for terrain and meshes.

In addition, modular track components have been provided so you can easily create your own race tracks!

Known Issue

The car has some instability issues with the aerodynamics beta enabled which cause it to fling out of the world occasionally.

Classic Racing Template

As of May 1, 2024, the Classic Racing template has been removed from the Studio templates screen. You can still find it here: Classic Racing - Roblox

We hope you enjoy this new template! Please leave any comments, feedback, or pictures of your creations in this thread.

228 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

This looks insane! It’s so cool to see it get a revive! Are there plans to redo the rest of the templates? :heart:

I would love to see the Line Runner game get a remake :smile:

46 Likes

I always loved the racing template and I am SUPER happy that this has been remade so well! Thank you Roblox!

17 Likes

No way, a proper car engine by roblox?

22 Likes

That’s a start QAQ

34 Likes

this is insane, can’t believe how far roblox has gotten

18 Likes

Glad to see new templates being added to studio, and the cars as well. This might give an idea for the cars I will use for my own game, so thank you!

It’s funny when people camp out at the post and paste their reply to be first.

16 Likes

Well dang, it’s funny you used Roblox’s avatar for the thumbnail.

Also, please look into

18 Likes

Finally. Updated Racing Template! Now we need to wait for Line Runner Update, becuase it’s getting too old with time. (Old roblox logo, font, style, etc)

15 Likes

It looks so clean🔥 Hope it can be used on different models easily

12 Likes

This actually looks so cool! Will try it out later. The carts look a lot better than those jeep-things

12 Likes

I made a live placement system in the template

27 Likes

Placements are determined from 2 logic points:

1. If the player’s checkpoint score (checkpoint+(laps*maxcheckpoints))
  2. How close the player is to their next checkpoint

As shown in the video I demonstrated a example of logic 2 in action

13 Likes

Roblox I am so happy about this! I love how recently you’ve been upgrading the templates. Good job, let’s keep this streak up!

12 Likes

This looks awesome, but at the same time proves that the terrain system needs some work, because the quality of car doesn’t match the quality of terrain, it’s a bit odd mix.

11 Likes

I love this! Some people don’t like for nostalgia reasons, but trust me, it isn’t 2016 anymore.

I’m gonna play around with it.

Great to see Roblox care about the new engine!

11 Likes

This is phenomenal! It does expose one issue though, which is the driver camera. Reversing causes the camera to forcefully go backwards, which is REALLY jarring.

7 Likes

Could y’all package this into a tool box without racing systems and a bit more bare bones for us who already have a game but want to add good cars. Heart if you agree so maybe they will see!

7 Likes

Just played around with it, this is unexpectedly high quality! Really good job on the visuals and the driving experience. If this becomes the standard, I’ll surely drive around on some race tracks sometime.

Would love to see this chassis being implemented in the other endorsed cars and perhaps also release the already-made planes and helicopters, as mentioned in this feature request.

Good starter resources can greatly improve game quality on the platform :+1:

15 Likes