New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

Rubber was really needed for a while now! But when will it release and will parts be revamped like the truss part and such?
and I want to opt in as soon as its possible

28 Likes

This is AWESOME! I’ve been waiting for this update for a long time! I’d love to opt-in if possible!

28 Likes

Fur ( short hair)

Does this mean that we will be getting PBR displacement/bump mapping support?

35 Likes

…YOU ARE KIDDING ME, RIGHT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OH MY GOD!!! This is the BEST update ever!!! I cannot wait to see the new material and terrain material!!! This could make the showcase game looks more realistic than ever!!! Thank you so much for this amazing and incredible update!!! :clap:

I’m also excited to try the new part material as I saw the 6th image of MeshPart using a new material that is from Terraria material!!!

38 Likes

Don’t take my word for it but I am assuming it’s not ready for beta opt in yet.

25 Likes

Amazing update, however will we see an improved texture chooser for parts with the addition of new textures?

22 Likes

This looks great, looking forward to implementing these road textures into my game!

22 Likes

Love the update! Roblox have come along very far since this a few years ago:

144 Likes

Thank you Santa :pray: :santa:

Seriously though - this was unexpected and looks like an insane improvement!!

37 Likes

When will this be in the opt in-studio beta?

39 Likes

Adding a molten lava material would be very helpful, while the orange non-transparent water does the trick sometimes, it would be very nice if we could get a lava material which could move and look like molten lava.

39 Likes

With this many materials (which I am absolutely LIVING for, by the way) it may prove beneficial to change part material selection from a simple dropdown to a grid-based layout that allows you to preview materials before changing.

29 Likes

This is amazing! I can’t believe this has been added! Nice!! :+1:

18 Likes

I never thought of this, i really want this to be a thing because sometimes i forget how materials look and i have to try each one.

22 Likes

Oh my god. Thank you I needed this.

Will old & new names both be compatible on the Enum list?

26 Likes

Ofc this comes out right after I spend a bunch of time working on terrain stuff. Still really glad to see this, and can’t wait to opt-in whenever it becomes available. This will allow a huge quality increase for my projects and I’m glad to see Roblox moving in a great direction.

23 Likes

Christmas has come early! I’m very excited to see what people are gonna make with the new materials :eyes:

22 Likes

This is absolutely amazing! I’ve been waiting for a while now for an update to the terrain materials list. This will be such a huge step forward for Roblox as a development platform!

I would really love to see a molten lava terrain material added to Roblox terrain editor!
Recolored water material works for the time being but a smooth-able material would be great!

61 Likes

This is great! Ive always felt we were limited with the amount of part materials. Im so exited!

The only worry i have with the largely increased number of part materials is the small dropdown bar inside of parts. I think the part’s material select dropdown menu should turn into something like in the terrain editor. With a massive list of materials, it could be hard to find exactly what your looking for.

NIYLVFeyc8
Untitled Game - Roblox Studio 12_18_2020 6_39_14 PM

Either way this is a great update!

75 Likes

i was there around 8 years ago when the last major material update occured, and im super excited to see that materials are once again being updated to look a lot better!!!

hoping the beta comes out soon, would love to play around with these new materials !!!

25 Likes