New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

Yes, we plan on updating the naming without impacting existing enums

51 Likes

It looks that the textures for these new materials are higher or is it just the materials playing tricks on me?

13 Likes

are you planning on updating legacy parts such as the Truss part?

13 Likes

this is amazing. I’m so excited to be able to use this.

13 Likes

INSANE!!!

I am thrilled to see these additions, they look absolutely amazing. So excited to see all the creations with these new materials/terrain.

12 Likes

This is possibly the biggest change that’s ever come to Roblox. Seriously. This will make games look so much better! Thank you!

9 Likes

These new materials look really great! What about the hardware requirements? Does it require more CPU/GPU power?
Do these materials come with different physical properties right away (ice is slippery by default, for example!)?

25 Likes

There is a plan to make the list accessible without a massively long list!

42 Likes

Amazing update! Can’t wait for custom materials to come too! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

How God! After so many time… I did a spoil yesterday and you only release this now? But the thing is: if you change material name . Script are not gonna have problems? Like for the diamond plate or the foil? The name will be change only on studio or on Enum.Material?

12 Likes

I am so excited for this!! I have been using terrain for a while now, and I been really wanting something new to play around with! This game is a fantasy forest, you explore and look at the map. I would love for my game to have this feature! Place ID: 5879401237

Images

14 Likes

Woah! This is definitely powering imagination!
I’ve always wanted for terrain and part textures, thanks Roblox!

I’m looking forward to the day when Roblox looks like UE4!

10 Likes

Keep an eye out, you might get this wish some time in the future!

39 Likes

Very excited. Current terrain in Roblox looks kinda ugly, so hopefully this will make games look more interesting and add some eye candy to them. Maybe some sort of particle effect update next? Stuff like explosions can be a pain to do sometimes since the number sequence cap is at 10 for its size.

7 Likes

I can’t sit still just thinking about it! Thank you! :heart:

11 Likes

WOW!

I would love to opt-in Tower Defenders. My game prominently introduces high quality graphics and one way I do that is with Textures.

With these amazing new build-in materials I can totally see the memory & network load dramatically improve if I can remove most Texture objects.

Game ID: 2369647980 or here

Amazing job Roblox!

15 Likes

Hold up… @WoodReviewer needs to have a talk with you guys.

Jokes aside, this is amazing! I almost cried when I saw this… :sob:Also, will there be updates to the water, especially the ability to add better puddles.

Opt In
Place ID: 5747748203

12 Likes

This is awesome, so much more variety to choose from. This would go great with terrain blending! :mountain_snow:

Can’t wait for the day terrain smoothly combines with terrain water too!

47 Likes

LOOK AT THIS! Honestly this is amazing.

53 Likes

Opt In
Place ID:6106346000
This update looks very very very very NICE!

5 Likes