New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

This looks amazing! Glad to see it finally see terrain materials coming to parts, this will allow for much more realistic builds.
I’d like to opt in.
Game ID: 169777874

2 Likes

This looks incredible!

Build Island is a social building game that heavily relies on terrain and I think our user experience would benefit greatly from these new materials. Please whitelist us!

Game IDs:

7 Likes

Looks amazing. Would love to try out!

Game ID:

5 Likes

Dude, this is insaneeeeee! The Roblox team is seriously bringing so many beautiful and innovative things to its creator platform I can’t even count anymore. I am so grateful to be part of this community, and can’t wait to see what we can all get up to!

I’ve just started working on some new projects for my groups, would really love to see these new materials in action alongside FIB!

Game IDs:

30 Likes

Really nice stuff!
Now we just have to wait for surfaceappearance tiling to arrive on meshes/parts. Hope customizability for terrain arrives soon as well. We are getting really close, can’t wait!

6 Likes

Is there an ETA on the studio beta access and the ingame beta access?
Got snow Christmas updates for some games I work on that use parts to look like the snow terrain that would look infinitely better with this finally being added, would be nice to know if it’s worth waiting for us to get access to this.

4 Likes

If I had to recommend another material for this built-in library, I would recommend silk or finer cloth. The current cloth looks more like wool and is more coarse in texture. While Denim is a good step forward, adding silk would significantly increase the quality of clothing for those wanting to make suits, dresses, and bedsheets.

Another material I would recommend is Frozen Glass Material aka Ice. It is like glass but it has more of an opaque style to the look. Instead of refracting the light entirely like glass, some is obscured or blurred out just like normal ice. The texture is more bumpy and provides a better look of being frozen over. This would create a better feel for games that are in the Arctic where glass is usually obscured by the ice and the cold winds? Maybe you want to make ice cubes or ice spikes?

8 Likes

We are still waiting for custom textures that would make terrain a million times better for us currently cartonish graphics can’t be achieved with these

Fingers crossed

4 Likes

Also, when the tests will be avaliable?

4 Likes

Bro! I’m impressed of how Roblox improved all the textures!! Roblox is now on a other age!

5 Likes

THERE IS A GOD AFTER ALL!

I cannot wait to play with terrain

4 Likes

Super excited to be a part of this update!
Place ID: 5848809820

3 Likes

A new liquid would’nt be bad, How about actual, working, slow harming lava?

7 Likes

Heya, first of: Amazing job, I actually thought the pictures were reference images! :open_mouth:
I would love to test it out.
My PlaceID: 6109535283

4 Likes

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to get to use this. Its really going to improve building within studio.

3 Likes

THIS IS REALLY AMAZING! The only thing Roblox is missing now is to add ray-tracing for RTX players. If they add that, the game is gonna become a perfection!!! I’m hyped! :smiley:

1 Like

This is amazing! When can we expect this to be live? :smile:

Also what effect with this have on device performance? Is it optimized or is it gonna lag lower end devices?

3 Likes

Hi this is very cool… U make very good thinks thanks for reading

3 Likes

This looks amazing! When these materials get added this will enhance the terrain 100x more

3 Likes

Just to make sure:
If I opt in, I will get these features?
These are really awesome, but I still don’t understand why this can’t just be public to all people? That would be really great, especially to the developers who have not found or have a dev forum account.
But still, I Opt In. I will make a showcase with these features (If I get them) with this place:
ID: 2223332959

Edit: Or do we have to wait for this to be live…

3 Likes