New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for!

Opt-In place ID: 3359035033

This looks amazing! The only concern that I have is the lag that might come if you are trying to make a super realistic game like in the images shown.

2 Likes

I think the part-only materials are part-only due to a lack of proper mesh deformation mapping. As we all know, Rock has a different 3D deformation than grass, and I think it’s a lot of extra work to decide how to have Cardboard Paper, or Diamond work with the terrain mesh.

procedural materials are rarely used for real-time games even in engines like Unreal or Unity, except for special shaders / effects. just bake your node materials into textures, if its a texture that you’re just plugging into the Principled BSDF in Blender, this only makes sense to do.

2 Likes

I would like to opt-in. Place ID: 4375619868

I’d like to Opt-in. Place ID: 6102324540

This looks awesome! I won’t be able to see this magic in game, (My game lags at the lowest quality on some games) but I’m glad we got new materials.

This is so cool! I’m so thrilled to use these new materials and start creating more content via studio. Fur and denim sound super interesting, and I’m excited to see these. :smiley:

I’m just glad that the new materials don’t affect performance, that would be obnoxious. They did well so far, I’m excited!

1 Like

I’d like to see decoration options on parts so that we’re able to get grass on it :slight_smile: I also want more realistic water. Realistic in the way it behaves and responds to physics and gravity.
I think the craters need to be added like the moon’s craters. Plus, give us more customizable options in the grass and add something as pure lava.

1 Like

Opt in

If you can opt-in, please add the following place IDs:
5908179740, 5445278927

Thank you in advance, this update looks amazing!

This update is going to help so many builders, Thanks Roblox! :innocent:

I would love to opt in to this amazing new terrain feature as I do alot of terrain I really think this could bring my terrain to the next level.

ID: 475926248

Account: UIMan - Roblox

Sorry for the late reply and for being too vague on what the problem was. By that picture i was indicating that sharp merge between the water and the stone

Yep, thats what i was talking about

Amazing! Looking real forward to this. It will improve many games, and I’m sure of it.

Awesome! One thing I’m looking forward to is more metal variations.

for me PBR already works tho? maybe i got an early access to it but i dont know

I’d love to test these new materials out, don’t mind if I do.

Opt in ID: 6099502879