New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

I’d like to know if there is an estimated date of when this update will be released. Also, as for what new materials to add since the OP is taking suggestions, it would be nice if we could have more worn textures for old buildings or buildings that have been totally leveled. It would also be cool if we could color these materials. that’s probably already possible or planned.

2 Likes

This is amazing. If I could please Opt in that’d be fantastic as Terrain is one of the main things in my upcoming game.

Game ID: 2128293476

1 Like

Game ID: 5304163891

I would like it opt into this game.

THIS IS AMAZING!!! Roblox is really changing and in my opinion its for the better. I think there could be some more housing materials like walls or carpet or maybe even shiney gold. I cant wait to see all of the different showcases featuring FiB 3, custom pbr, and realistic player models in 2021!

I would love to opt in, place id: 6128197812

Would like to OPT-In
Place Id: 5698907818

Just asking a question, when will this come out to beta? Will PBR be included?

1 Like

I would love to opt into this program.

1 Like

The beta will be released early next year. The new materials provided will be PBR.

2 Likes

Ooh, pog. Thank you, I’ll keep an eye out for that.

Also, for materials, oasis grass would be cool. Gravel would also be nice for gravel beaches. Maybe a less annoying texture for leafy grass? It’s just really bad.

1 Like

I love this update and I’d like to opt in:
https://www.roblox.com/games/refer?PlaceId=5790390227&Position=2&PageType=Profile

Opt In:

5 Likes

This is going to be a builder’s heaven.

2 Likes

Not a builder, but I’m excited for this update! Can’t wait to create snowball projectiles without using Sand material anymore :eyes:

I really hope with the addition of custom terrain textures we can set properties that allow the terrain texture to change depending on the direction of the normals (Triplanar Texture setting)

Terrain in Roblox already uses this feature so it would be cool to give developers control over this :crossed_fingers: :pray: :pray:

35 Likes

This is a game changer, I’d love to opt in.

Place ID (1):

Place ID (2):

1 Like

I’d like to Opt-in. Place ID: 5697567739

Holy cow, this is great! Just when I didn’t think that lighting and materials couldn’t get even better…

Here is the place ID I would like to opt in:

Does this mean that there are more voxels in terrain so it doesnt look clunkey with water and other terrain connecting?

I’d love to Opt-in. Place ID: 4983979683

It’s a game I’m working on with a friend.

I’d like to Opt-in. Place ID: 5976235227