New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

I saw both updates, and they were both bigger updates to the roadmap. They made big changes to the graphs, I saw those changes. We were told it would be updated as we reached each quarter, but we were told that before Covid made stuff MEGA difficult.

Pandemics mess everything up for everyone, and make companies change their plans and change priorities, because they have to make most of their employees work from home. A good example of companies struggling to do stuff is YouTube, ever since they started working from home theyā€™ve been struggling to deal with a lot of stuff (stuff that was easy enough to manage not at home.) Be sympathetic, most other game development communities are. A graph is not as high priority as actual studio updates, and anyways, theyā€™ve been making posts when they release new updates, so you hardly have a right to complain. Remember, 12020 was absolute chaos, companies struggled. Now letā€™s both stop arguing and letā€™s all have an ok time now that 12020 is almost over. Good night, and have a happy new year! :smile:

1 Like

OOH, IDEA! You guys should add a way for us to adjust the scale of materials on a per part basis, kind of like how we can with texture objects! This would solve a lot of problems that involve material scale issues!

1 Like

Oh my oh my, why havenā€™t I applied for this yet.
Look at the amazing work your team or whatever has done. Opt me in for this, I swear this is going to help my current and future projects a lot.

Hereā€™s the place ID, yes yes.

An absolutely breathtaking update, Iā€™d love to see this in my place!

Opt in, 6044229543

Oh, wow! This is amazing, maybe the concrete texture could be improved? Right now, it has too many dark spots. Also, fabric is really weird, even when you put the whitest color it looks dark grey. Super excited for the painted metal.

Opt In

Place: 3933772264

Username: Wii_UTwo

Opt In
Place: 6146891517
Username: Vort3x_Z

textures do not support brickcolors + they canā€™t contain physical properties

1 Like

Hey there, I had asked to be opted in but it hasnā€™t been enabled yet, are you only doing limited testing for now? I use quite a lot of terrain in my place.
Opt In
Id: 5337005281

1 Like

You have to give an exact place ID.

This is already planned. It was mentioned in RDC 2020.
Also textures can support coloring, you just make them transparent and it shades the part accordingly. This is part of how roblox materials work.

The original topic never mentioned anything about this being a feature ready to test. Later on in the replies it was specified itā€™s not ready and they just wanted to give us a sneak peek. These opt-in posts are causing nothing but spam.

5 Likes

Roblox is an amazing platform, just the fact that theyā€™re making these things for the public is already good enough.
Imagine having to make these things yourself instead of having a corporation to back you up.

1 Like

You could make a system like this yourself. Itā€™s not a hacky one either.

If Iā€™m reading this right, this says that at some point in the future, they will be whitelisting places. The people who are saying ā€œOpt-Inā€ are simply letting them know that when it does come out, they would like their places to be part of this project.

Although, this may not be the correct place to say you would like to Opt-In.

Also, could you please link the reply saying that this is just a Sneak Peek? I couldnā€™t find it.

1 Like

Cant wait to see those new Terrain features Live!

I would really love to be apart of this!
Opt-in

1 Like

Itā€™d be a wonderful opportunity to experiment with this! As a terrain and map developer Iā€™m very interested in being able to test the beta upon its release. Looking forward to it!

Opt in
Place id: 6176725151

1 Like

I would love to be a part of this opportunity!

Opt in
Place id: 6146071560

This IS AMAZING! I CANT WAITā€¦

8 Likes