New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

I’m pretty sure Dynamic Skies is locked to beta members. Same with the attributes, Now I highly doubt they’ll do this for the materials here since thats a feature thats gonna need to be enabled by roblox so It will need an opt in or something along those lines.

so It will need an opt in or something along those lines

This sentence does not mean this feature is ready to be opted in yet for the people to choose not to read.

2 Likes

Any messages I see asking to opt In I swear I’m flagging. Literally none of you can read, At least 60 people have said you can’t opt in but all you guys do Is look at the picture and want to opt in instead of reading the latest post about it which literally says YOU CANT OPT IN!

9 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be a custom, but it really wouldn’t hurt especially for hyped up updates like this. All in all its not a huge problem because waiting is something that everyone can do.
The dynamic skies update wasn’t rushed iirc, they already had a predetermined schedule and Phases, the first of which was promised to be released a week after the announcement. That didn’t happen, so people got a bit impatient after even more time passed. We already knew the first Phase was going to be just a really early version with not a lot of features. It’s just that it took way longer than it was promised.

This is Insane! Can’t wait to try it out.

Some kind of metal material like this would be nice.

8 Likes

Some of the materials are open for the beta testers.
Materials

Those are just the current terrain materials…?

3 Likes

The snow, glacier, limestone, pavement, asphalt, and basalt have always been in it? Or did I read your reply wrong?

This proves they were a thing before this announcement.

1 Like

I’ve never seen them before, or I haven’t edited terrain in months.

they’ve been there for ages by now, they’re not new at all sadly.

2 Likes

These are all the original materials. No one at this point in time (excluding the people who are working on this and perhaps a selected few beta testers) has this feature.

1 Like

Did you not see how he had wooden planks in the terrain people? I’m pretty sure those are one of the materials that is being added to terrain.

EDIT: NVM.

That was always there for ages. It was there since smooth terrain was first even added

7 Likes

Like cunpliy said, wooden planks are an original material. The list in the picture is unchanged and the same as its always been.

Also this material request seems unnecessary but could have a use for some devs.

Glow Material or glow intensity for neon material.

The glow intensity or glow material should do the old neon behavior back in 2018.

Should work similar to old neon (all colors glow) and the old neon glow in Legacy for people who still want that old neon look.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’m crazy or not but I swear I remember people talking about it being added “soon” like a year ago, but it never was. I think a good amount of people would appreciate this and especially those building cities.

2 Likes

Perhaps you meant a month ago. This has only been out since Dec. 20th. Also, my reasoning for them taking a little while is because when you read it carefully, they give a list of materials they would LIKE to add, meaning that they probably haven’t started on the new materials.

Edit: I realized you were talking about the neon. I would also love to see a neon that actually makes ALL colors glow.

1 Like

Need this, i love all of this, want to play with it in beta, but don’t see how to activate it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, you can’t yet. In the future, there will be a separate post to opt-in.

2 Likes