New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

I hope we can opt-in in the future that would be amazing.

1 Like

Regular reminder that you cannot opt-in yet, please stop attempting to.

5 Likes

Understood, ittrgrey. I didnt see the other reminders.

2 Likes

Love it. terrain is gonna be way more realistic.

Can’t you use the bloom affect though? Or are you talking about individual neon bricks?

1 Like

individual neon bricks that we can configure the bloom levels on would be awesome.

2 Likes

individual neon bricks that have the same behavior has legacy lighting. (any color glow)

would’ve been cool if bloom effects had more options to change the bloom on stuff or get any color to glow on neon. (Some extra effect options such as: Legacy Glow (Toggle), Legacy ColorGlow (Toggle. Any color glow), Only Affect Neon Material (Toggle), etc)

1 Like

How soon is now?

Name that retro hit…

The Smiths.

and yeah been dying to get an update on this, man.

1 Like

Same. Weirdly enough on the developer roadmap it says it’s in an open beta right now.

It doesn’t actually, The one you have found listed under

Custom Materials
Adds SurfaceAppearance object that enables PBR textures for mesh parts.

Is an entirely different property. Thats for custom PBR textures not the New Terrain Materials/Built in materials.
If you scroll down a bit more you’ll see it was marked down as

MaterialsService
Ability to extend built-in materials with custom textures.

Which is deferred till next year, Since its on the 2020 roadmap that basically means some time this year. We really wont have much more info until they give us more due to the 2021 roadmap not yet being released.

2 Likes

To add on to that, roadmaps dont usually release until second quarter.

Yeah, which kind of sucks but it is what it is I suppose. I really enjoyed 2020s roadmap so Its hard to wait to see what 2021 will have in store if were having attributes released right off the start of 2021. What will we have in store for the rest of the year?

1 Like

This is great! Keep up the good work!

You guys are doing an amazing job! It’s so incredible to see these kinds of graphics. This will be such a huge step for the community, and I can’t wait for this to fully release!

12 Likes

How can I enter that world? Is it the one in the post images?

It’s actually a game that they’ve recently released to the public to play.

Feel free to join!

3 Likes

Thank you very much, what a quick answer XD

1 Like

WOW. I am crazy exited about this. These images are better then real life! I cant wait to use them. But the one problem is that this looks very high graphics and it might lag for most users and it might look ugly when the graphics setting is 1.

Well they’re playing at lowest graphics so obviously its gonna look trash. Also the new materials have bassicly no cost.