New Terrain and Parts Materials Preview Build! Oh YES!

You make a good point here.
Sure, some people want to make cartoony games, but if you’re like me, I use the roblox platform for it’s easy tools, and I still want to go for a realistic/cartoony vibe. Why should I limit my games to cartoony textures?
Just because ROBLOX was a lego game doesn’t mean it has to stay a lego game.
Why not be a lego unreal engine 4?

1 Like

I thought this convo was literally over, but I guess you’re continuing it?

Read my post please.

If we have both sets of materials available, it would be stupid not to allow us to use them both simultaneously as allowing it would unlock more possibilities for developers.

2 Likes

Can I get an f in the replies for this… as a wish me luck? I’m gonna need it when this update comes out.

1 Like

Wrong. Very wrong. In places like wales in the uk. Rural areas, cobble stone is what is used to make houses. It’s very pretty.

3 Likes

Correct, this is a very valid point, @A_SquaredAnimations look at this.

3715704263_c67a2e8f47_z
th

1 Like

@Trickstaarz and @Dev_Rig Conversation ended like, 2 months ago. I saw the other replies I just didn’t acknowledge them because that would be irrelevant to this topic.

1 Like

Well I wanted to discontinue my converstation about the sand material but it seemed like it never ended, also look at this post. It’s explaining what I mean’t since you didn’t understand. Hope that helps.

Yeah ik just wanted to clarify on this sorry matey.

1 Like

As much as i was hoping for an update like this, i was left a bit dissapointed.

A lot of the textures that used to look realistic and detailed have lost that sense completely. The new terrain textures seem to have a lot more small detail but at the end that only makes them look flat from far away; thing which didn’t happen with the original textures.

Altought we recognize the effort Roblox put into this great update, i dont really think it was the way to do it and i only hope this update is not forced.

Did you not hear the update? They are putting the update on hold to figure a way to allow users to choose.

I don’t think @AnDriuGames is talking about the option of choosing textures, but more of how the textures have small detail and look flat from far away, which didn’t happen with the legacy textures.

Unless you’re talking about the last sentence, yeah it’s going to be optional.

i just copied the textures into the client here is a comparaison in the game get a snack at 4 am :

NEW:

OLD:

1 Like

Good luck bro. Aswell you got an amazing build! (I would love to know the game name)

I’m also really glad Roblox heard our voices, There can be ways to just make the client download the legacy or new textures through the cloud which I don’t think they haven’t thought of yet.
I just only felt like Toggling the textures would be like switching the Lighting from Future to voxel or shadow mapping as such.

Thank you for the compliment. Were making a London realistic roleplay game. There is a good sized community for it. It’s going to be called London’s calling.

All that’s noticeable is the carpet being brighter. If it’s no problem, could you perhaps choose a game that uses a much wider variety of textures?

1 Like

Here’s a bug I found on the new material build:

With certain materials, the tint changes drastically depending on the distance you view it. It looks quite weird. (I noticed it with the diamondPlate and the Foil material)

Here’s an example with the DiamondPlate:

Also, it seems to depend on your graphics quality. For example, if your graphics are low, the material stays in the dark state.

I’m assuming this is due to some performance optimizations, but the difference in tint is really noticeable. I hope you can have a look into it.

1 Like

I don’t remember adding hints of pink to the wood grain material.

Both quality levels are at 21.

Wood doesn’t look like this anymore, please see the Release Candidate v1.5 build.

1 Like

I seriously did not see this before, and as you mention 1.5 I now see it. :confused:

2 Likes