New terrain project i'm working on

Started this yesterday as a fun side project. Give me some criticism! I’d love to hear people’s thoughts.

6 Likes

Looks really cool and gives a southwestern US vibe. Any chance you’ve used a height map that has real geo-spatial data or a DEM? For example, you’ve grabbed a 10 square mile area of somewhere in Nevada, and imported into Studio. Or is it created by noise generation or from a seed? Anyways, a suggestion would be some patches of sand or grass could help to break up the ever-ending dry grass terrain.

1 Like

Looks great! I like the variation of grass, sand/dirt and rockier surfaces, however it is a shame that doesn’t show up from afar like @Metrotren said (nothing you can do about that, it’s Roblox not you).

1 Like

If you crafted the terrain yourself with the tools, then its very impressive. Less so if it was auto-generated by a height map.

But still overall it looks like a great desert/mountain map. My only suggestion would be to add maybe some more colors. Maybe some random rocky patches or cactuses would fit in nicely. Maybe some dirt trails.

1 Like

Thank you. The map was made with standard terrain tools and part-to-terrain. I’m not a big fan of heightmaps. Appreciate the suggestions.