New to Building Need advice and tips

Hi there! I’m SocialBerry.
So I’m new to building and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips or tutorials or plugins or just anything to help me out. I know this is rather short but thanks anyway! (Also sorry if I put this in the wrong place)

This is the correct category. That being said, make sure use the search function first before attempting to create similar topics just to avoid repeating questions that have been answered and brought up already. Simple answer practice learn and find builds that inspire you even developers.

As for tips for getting started to build it all about practice start small (make a detailed chair couch, radio, tree ect). Try creating some small models based off of reference images keep experimenting with different styles and see which one your wanting to dive into.

Always try new things and different techniques; try to make things that you’ve never made before and continue doing so if your wanting things to learn find inspiration, and go from that there are a bunch of plugins to help you along your building journey.

Finally, you should look up a few decent tutorials or things to help you improve if needed later down the process. As I said above there’s a bunch of topics on how to learn how to build or looking for useful plugins which have a lot of useful information. You should read through these threads since this has been talked about before:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice I will be using your tips.

The first thing is to plan your builds and know how will you build them. Ask yourself questions: What will I build? How will I build? Where do I place it? Why do I build it? Because answers to these questions people usually forget during the development of the game.

You need to develop your own style and building techniques as this what makes a developer successful. Just do your own way! You can also be inspired by the forum member’s creations so you may take a note of that. Don’t compare yourself to the other person, you may only be inspired by them.

A great program would be Blender, because there are a lot of features and tools in there not only for modeling, but animating, sculpting, etc.

I recommend to introduce yourself to plugins Studio Build Suite and Building Tools by F3X.

Some motivation to you:

Remember, if you won’t work hard, you won’t gain anything. The time flies. Today will never happen again. When you think it’s too late, it’s still too early.

1 Like

Depends on what type of building you want to get into. Personally I feel as though realistic pays more and you can easily learn lowpoly/mediumpoly from there.
If you’re looking to start in realistic, add as much detail and use reference pictures as much as possible. Pay attention to the smallest of details. It will also be quite beneficiary to learn how to correctly use lighting because it really helps your builds look better. If you’re learning to start in low poly, then use reference images and stick to obviously using less parts and use colorful parts.

Work hard and as consistent as you can. Push yourself to do better and when your work pays off, you will be surprised to see the results.

2 Likes

Practise. That’s the best tip. As for plugins I use image to remove and gaps. Other than that, I just use Regular ROBLOX stuff. Practise Makes Perfect.

1 Like