New Toolbox Bugs

I’m pretty sure a new version of Studio’s toolbox was released recently and there are a couple of annoying bugs.

• Inserted items are no longer parented into the selected object (which helped a lot with workflow).

• If you click on the scrollbar and don’t release over the scrollbar the bar gets stuck to the mouse.

• The scrollbar under the top-left drop down doesn’t detect mouse clicks,if you try to click and drag it just closes.

I noticed this started happening tonight, in the current version of studio.

I hope these issues are solved soon, thanks!

8 Likes

I hope for the same solution

4 Likes

We will fix the last two issues you mentioned.

• Inserted items are no longer parented into the selected object (which helped a lot with workflow).

We tested with the old Toolbox and are not observing this behavior. Can you explain what the behavior was and why it was desirable?

AFAIK objects such as sounds and decals used to be parented to the selected object when inserted.

This workflow was great if you for example wanted to copy a decal ID, because you knew exactly where it was inserted.

After the change, you now have to click a decal in the toolbox, then click on a part in the viewport, find the selected part in the explorer and then copy the decal ID. This gets pretty annoying after a while.

4 Likes

Yeah, this is exactly what I meant.

4 Likes