New UI backend going live soon

This is likely an issue with the blacklist mechanism. Since your game seems to have a workaround for the circular UIPageLayout bug (at least in the dealership UI), do you want me to remove your game from the blacklist? It should behave the same as your development place once removed.

I have a fix for the UIPageLayout bug, it will hopefully go live soon. It was delayed because of a problem with the fix.

1 Like

I’ve been randomly getting reports of the CoreGUI bugs also, as I stated above. Do you know if the UIGridLayout bug that would cause clients to freeze/crash when tons of UIs are added at once has been fixed? If so, the blacklist could be removed from my game to fix the CoreGUI problems.

Do you think there could be some pictures/videos to go along with the UI constraints? The documentation doesn’t really help I find, and the few ones posted on that blog post about them were excellent.

I made some really ugly ones at one point but it looks like they weren’t carried over in the switch from the wiki to the developer hub.

1 Like

Yeah, the fix for the UIGridLayout issue is live now. Your game should be safe to remove from the blacklist, but it’s hard for me to verify.

1 Like

I don’t need the blacklist removed yet since that’s pretty uncommon. But once the circular bug is fixed I would like to use the new backend again.

1 Like

You can remove the blacklist and I’ll see how it goes. With newer updates to the way my game works players shouldn’t notice a huge amount of freezing anymore even if it’s not 100% fixed.

Your game should be removed from the blacklist now.

1 Like

Hi, my game went from being filtered on 0 devices to around 7 mobile devices recently. Could this performance dip have anything to do with the new UI being re-enabled? I’ve played on mobile and can’t seem to find what’s making people crash, however I have an iPhone X with a pretty beefy processor.

ScrollingFrames inside other ScrollingFrames are still screwed up:

1. Middle image is off (too high compared to end images).
  2. When scrolling, they lag and then teleport to the position they should be in.

Completely screws up my options page :frowning:

Yeah, I’m aware of the issue, I can’t fix it until after the holidays unfortunately.

2 Likes

I have some low end devices I can test with to see what happens, but I can’t do much about it until after the holidays.

1 Like

That’s fine, if you do test let me know what you find. I assume you can’t do anything because you’re under the code block or whatever it’s called that they do at the end of every year?

Yeah.

1 Like

Hi, there seems to be lag spikes every ~ 3 seconds or so when I’m on mobile that I don’t experience on PC. This is probably the cause of the huge amounts of mobile devices crashing. Can you please blacklist my game once more whenever you get the chance?

Now that this is pretty much out there, when can we start expecting features?

• Border-Radius
  • Scaling based off screen resolution instead of parent.
  • Stroke/Outline is managed separately to main object (lower opacity on background, doesn’t lower opacity of the stroke)
5 Likes

To ask for a feature you should file a feature request in the Platform Feedback category.

I know the first one in your bullet list already has a feature request, so just support the existing request. For the other two, please search whether they exist and if not, file them with appropriate formatting / use cases and they will consider them.

Yeah.

Saw her comment on BorderRadius coming late this year, so hopefully that means early 2019.

1 Like

Would this happen to be due to the new UI backend? If so, any chances of a fix?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.