New UI backend going live soon

The layout seems to be in accordance with the old value. (Implying it’s not reshuffling.)

I see the problem, I’ll file a ticket for this. I thought I had a unit test which covered this…

2 Likes

Actually, I messed up my testing a little. This bug happens when the SortOrder is Name instead of LayoutOrder, LayoutOrder SortOrder seems to work as expected. Are you having something different happen?

2 Likes

Might have been it, I’ll do a little bit of further digging.

I might be a little late but, I’ve noticed that my game is getting lag spikes whenever new UI objects are being created (about 500+ or so at the same time), which wasn’t present at all before the new UI backend, could it have to do with this?

6 Likes

Same.

1 Like

@Tiffblocks The ScrollingFrame bug I had is back…

It only happens on horizontal scrolling bars though.

The scrolling frame in question:

scrollingframe.rbxm (1.3 KB)

I should note that games in the blacklist do not display the new disconnected UI / rejoin button. Instead, only the blur appears and no UI is displayed to the user. This can be quite confusing and has prevented us from diagnosing a host of disconnection issues.

I urge the Roblox team to fix this ASAP. We are losing valuable players over this.

15 Likes

If any of those UI objects are TextLabels, you’re hitting a known regression which I’ll hopefully be turning on a fix for this week.

1 Like

We’re looking into this.

2 Likes

None of those UI objects are TextLabels, they’re either ImageLabels or Frames… They create lag spikes of up to 2 seconds and it could be worse for lower end pc’s

1 Like

I have a fix for the UIScale parented to ScreenGui/etc issue. Hopefully I’ll be enabling it next week. I’ll post here when the fix is live.

2 Likes

We have a fix for this which should be out next week.

3 Likes

There’s problems with :SetCore(“ChatMakeSystemMessage”) right now making anything created jump above the players’ chats to the very top of the chat. Is this something to do w/ my game being blacklisted?

I’ve also noticed a few times where I (and many others) would join a game and the playerlist would be in the middle of the screen as opposed to the very right of the screen, but that’s not as major as it doesn’t happen every time.

I’ve reproduced this issue and it looks it’s a bug in the chat scripts unrelated to the new system or the blacklist. I’ll look into it.

Edit: See here:

4 Likes

Not sure if this is related to my game being in the blacklist, but i’m getting a few reports about the CoreGui being positioned incorrectly sometimes. Here’s a screenshot from a user:

Don’t know much more about it other than this since I can’t reproduce it and it seems to be pretty uncommon.

1 Like

This is likely an issue with the blacklist mechanism. Since your game seems to have a workaround for the circular UIPageLayout bug (at least in the dealership UI), do you want me to remove your game from the blacklist? It should behave the same as your development place once removed.

I have a fix for the UIPageLayout bug, it will hopefully go live soon. It was delayed because of a problem with the fix.

1 Like

I’ve been randomly getting reports of the CoreGUI bugs also, as I stated above. Do you know if the UIGridLayout bug that would cause clients to freeze/crash when tons of UIs are added at once has been fixed? If so, the blacklist could be removed from my game to fix the CoreGUI problems.

Do you think there could be some pictures/videos to go along with the UI constraints? The documentation doesn’t really help I find, and the few ones posted on that blog post about them were excellent.

I made some really ugly ones at one point but it looks like they weren’t carried over in the switch from the wiki to the developer hub.

1 Like