New UI bug that's suddenly not displaying elements even with correct layering

This bug first happened on June 12, 2024 when I received a plethora of complaints about UI elements not showing up. I have not updated the game in months. Assuming bugs get all resolved eventually I didn’t bother to write a complaint about it. Days later, this bug is pretty much gone but still affected some users and/or devices. Today, this bug returned affecting most players and I am receiving a ton of complaints once again. I have no explanation to why this could happen, I’m just assuming it’s memory related cause. I am not able to replicate this bug on studio, but it seems to be happening on the client itself. However, June 12, 2024’s studio version had this issue too with the client, and selecting the UI parent in Explorer would fix and correctly display all elements on the screen.

Captured in client, bugged:

Captured in studio:

Bonus: (oddly, this interaction causes one of the layers to show up properly)

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reporting this bug!

Just to confirm, is this the game you are posting about? Classic Sonic Simulator V12 - Roblox

I checked and there is indeed a rendering bug here when flex layout is enabled for this place (we are testing flex layout on production today). I disabled flex layout for this placeID, so the issue should be fixed now!

Please let me know if any other places are affected!

1 Like

Hi, yes that is it. Thank you!

I had reports that these are also affecting the test server (and some extras, just in case):

1 Like

OK thanks for confirming! I also disabled flex on the places you linked!

2 Likes