New UIListLayout Flex Features [Beta]

What are you working on? I just left my uilistlayouts as is and didnt really care about scaling too much. But now this is out I dont have to worry.

Great to see more UI improvements coming to Roblox nonetheless!

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this for so long. Finally the UI features are getting to be on-par with the web landscape. Great update! :tada:

1 Like

Wooo Hooo. This is amazing. If I’m not mistaken this is essentially CSS flexbox. If anyone sees this post, a great resource I love to use for flexbox is https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox. Anyways this made my day.

5 Likes

CSS flexboxes! Woo, another great UI update.

3 Likes

Finally making dynamic stuff like Inventories will become easy without being forced to either GridLayout (that forces a specific size) or make something a bit hacky with multiple UIListLayouts.

Common Roblox W

3 Likes

Is this something that is planned to change? I’m already running into an issue while implementing this into my UI because of this:

Intended:

Destroy an element, no longer intended result:

Changing any property on any UI element appears to cause the FlexLayout to update and go back to the intended result.

Hierarchy: (“Frame” are the player frames on the leaderboard)

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure if we already have it (I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find it), but can we add surface gui wrapping for corners and stuff.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to use this for all my games, no more hours spent manually sizing UI’s for each device.

4 Likes

Great! I’ve been waiting for a UI related update for ages!!!

3 Likes

Finally, this is exactly what I’ve been wanting for so very long. Thank you so much

4 Likes

The web designer in me makes me really happy when seeing this :tada:

6 Likes

I finally get to prototype websites on Roblox!

3 Likes

We have been waiting for a dynamic user interface (UI) for years, and we never imagined that Roblox would take the time to create one.

Nice job, Roblox.

5 Likes

This feature is simply incredible! I hope one day it will also add a way to make the GUIs have a blur effect

7 Likes

Fantastic change, it’s often tedious writing UI layout algorithms. This should’ve been a thing much sooner

3 Likes

I second this… UI blur is long overdue, and the frustrating thing is that we know Roblox has it because they use it in their CoreGui…

5 Likes

not a useful update. not sure if anyone else will use it

1 Like

This will help many small developers to make their interfaces better, I have always had problems with scaling on all devices, but this helps me a lot, thank you.

2 Likes

Finally, the days of me using UIListLayout and UIGridLayout both to have some sort of wrapping list are finally gone. Thank you so much!!!

3 Likes

This is amazing! As a web developer that uses CSS flexbox regularly, I’ve been wanting this feature on Roblox for ages.

This will make it much easier to make UIs that work on all screen sizes, especially those with dynamic content.

7 Likes