New UIListLayout Flex Features [Beta]

Update your studio using the installer, relaunch the studio and it should hopefully be there!

2 Likes

it autoupdates on launch each time, i do not see the option.
i see this update in the notifications, this is how i found about this post by clicking on it
my studio version is Version 0.602.352.6020380 (64bit)

2 Likes

I don’t see the wraps thing anymore i used it now my ui is broken because it dissappeared. Did they remove it?
Edit: i disabled the beta feature and then enabled it again it’s back sorry lol

2 Likes

OK thanks for the repro file, it seems to be a bug that only happens if PixelsPerStud is too large. I created a bug ticket and will let you know when we have an update!

4 Likes

Interesting, thanks for reporting! I think this is related to the multiple-frame update issue, which should be fixed soon!

Hmm can you share or DM me what OS you are using? Also could you try logging into Studio with a different account and checking if you see the “UIListLayout Flex Features” option? Studio v602 and later should have this option, so you have the correct version.

2 Likes

When join game UI Layout didn’t Apply

Game - Roblox Studio (gyazo.com)

Properties :

4 Likes

The feature is still in Beta, meaning it it’s only going to appear in Studio.

This is what I’ve been looking for for a long time. Great addition!

Literally nobody uses UIListLayout, people choose UIPageLayout because it’s way more flexible with size and movement while ScrollFrame is very broken.

Can you please make the TextScaled property editable without directly editing the size of the GUI? I just want my text to be consistent on all screens, but not inconsistent with each other. The current tools we have like textSizeConstraint are not consistent on all devices.

Thanks for reporting this! But I’m not sure I understand exactly what the issue is, would you be able to provide a screenshot or minimal example rbxl/rbxm file to show the problem?

I think the TextScaled property on TextLabels, TextButtons, and TextBoxes should always be editable right?

I thought TextSizeConstraint should work on all devices, can you explain more about what you mean by “not consistent on all devices”? Thanks!

I appologize for the confusion. This is more of a feature request than a bug. To be very clear,
my overall goal is to make the text size on all my GUIs consistent, regardless of the size of the textlabel or device used.

Currently, the only options to make the text consistent on all devices is textscaled. The issue is however that textscaled sizes that text based on the GUI size, rather than letting developers customize a specified text size. When developers cant specify the size of the text exactly, it can lead to inconsistent text sizes which looks ugly and can be unpredictable.

Another option developers have is textSizeConstraint. This solves the issue of letting developer specify which text size they want for a GUI with text scaled enabled, but textSizeConstraint isnt consistent on all devices.

What I am proposing is that you allow developers to both control the specific size of the text based on what the developers specify in pixels instead of being based on the size of the textlabel, and that specified size still scales with all devices.

Another thing that is imperative is you add effects for GUI like glass and a blur. Your entire developer community wants this added so I am waiting to see it soon.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m still not entirely clear on what you mean by “consistent”. Do you mean the relative size of different TextLabels is consistent, regardless of screen size?

We do have the TextSize property to specify the text size in “UI offset units” aka “density-independent pixels”. This value doesn’t scale with Gui size.
You can also use AutomaticSize to size a GuiObject to the size of its content text (for TextLabel, TextButton, TextBox).

2 Likes

I appreciate your response, and I want to provide further clarification on my request. By ‘consistent,’ I mean the ability to set a specific text size in pixels that remains constant (automatic scaling) across different devices. Please understand this is not the same as the text scaled property, as text scaled does not allow you to specify a specific text size to scale.

While I’m aware of the TextSize property, my concern is that it doesn’t allow for customization in a way that ensures consistent visual appearance across various screen sizes. I believe allowing developers to set an exact pixel size for text, while still accommodating different devices, would address this concern. If needed, I can provide specific examples or scenarios where the current options are not meeting the desired outcome.

2 Likes

TextScaled, as it currently stands, scales text based on the size of the GUI. What I’m specifically asking for is the ability to set an exact text size in pixels that will automatically scale across devices. This would provide developers with more precise control over the appearance of text in their GUIs.

I’m not suggesting abandoning TextScaled but rather adding an additional option for developers who want more customization over text size. This would address the challenges we face with achieving consistent and predictable text sizes across different devices.

2 Likes

the challenge I’m facing is that while TextSize allows specifying a size in “UI offset units” or “density-independent pixels,” it doesn’t automatically scale across devices. My aim is to have a text size that remains consistent across different screen sizes, similar to how TextScaled operates but with the added ability for developers to set an exact pixel size.

4 Likes

something like this

1 Like

Waiting for it to launch as soon as possible

2 Likes

Same, would like to use it for our new game; but as we’re likely gonna release in a few months, I am not so certain if it is worth committing to using this as of yet.

5 Likes

Is there an ETA for the release of this feature?

2 Likes