New UIListLayout Flex Features [Beta]

a bunch of textures in rbxasset://textures/StyleEditor were just removed and replaced with this new one, it killed one of my plugin icons but it seems it might be releasing soon (this isn’t a complaint about the plugin icon i shouldn’t be using these for them anyway)

4 Likes

This feature is so good :smile:
Extremely excited for the release as this makes UI design so much easier rather than manually setting positions inside of a ScrollingFrame and manually determining the size of the ScrollingFrame, I know it has many more use cases but I’m yet to need it beyond just… typical scrolling frame alignment stuff :laughing:

Edit: I wonder if this will end up resulting in “UIGridLayout” getting deprecated as with what I’m seeing this is a far superior method to use in terms of visual features :thinking:

4 Likes

In the next few months, if everything mentioned goes as planned.

2 Likes

This was an intentional change (icons will not be returning to that folder), but we recommend not using rbxasset://textures/ in general as these are internal and can change at any time.

3 Likes

Still case of months? Cannot wait for this release :smile:

Hi all,

I turned on some performance fixes for flex layout in the Studio Beta. I also turned on some Studio-wide performance improvements when scrolling a ScrollingFrame with AutomaticSize children.

Please let me know if anyone notices any new bugs or regressions! Thank you!

@Semir2006 I have a few performance+bug fixes to turn on in the Beta, and if that goes well we can proceed to Client release!

8 Likes

If it goes well, what does release timeline look like? Right now I’ve had to write a manual implementations of all of this, looking forward to getting rid of that and swapping it for a few properties.

2 Likes

I really hope that the release will happen very soon, I want to change my old interface in the game to a new one, using these new features

4 Likes

This is releasing soon? I hope.

3 Likes

Hi there, we’re still ironing out a few items – if this all goes well, we hope to release in the next few months! We appreciate all your feedback in the meantime.

11 Likes

Ngl, I hate that “in the next few months”. Why not to say “in a year or two” instead? :joy:

Can I ask what is still making problems? Or is it now just in “trying everything to find any possible bug” state?

1 Like

Is this close to being released? I’ve been using this feature since the Beta came out and haven’t encountered any issues in its current state. I use a total of 180 UIFlex instances and my game is close to being finished as I thought by the time I’d done, UIFlex would be pushed out.

15 Likes

Same here, I used a lot of UIFlex features in my game thinking they would be out by Q1 of 2024 but they’re not here yet… :sad:

6 Likes

yep, i’m just waiting for an official release before pushing an update to my game.

i make use of SpaceEvenly, so this is super frustrating waiting for it to be released

7 Likes

Any date for release? My game is getting towards release and the UI relies heavily on the flexlayout. It makes creating responsive UIs much easier.

7 Likes

It’s been said several times going back to December that it would only be “a few months” until this feature is active for live servers. I’ve been using this without issue with the hope that it would be live by now - can we get an actual update as to the timeline for this feature?

12 Likes

It’s incredible how this simple feature that millions of developers around the world have been waiting for is going to have its birthday (1 year since it was announced), and so far it hasn’t even left beta, it seems to have been forgotten, like so many forgotten roblox features such as: advanced shader systems, advanced particle systems, calculation bugs in interfaces with automatic sizing among other very important features for developers that are forgotten by Roblox which is focused on launching an in-game avatar camera system for players that nobody uses.

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate that the “Wraps” value isn’t published to games, and only works in studio. It’s a really vital part of a UI I made and I’m not sure of any other work arounds. I’d really love to see that feature published.

There’s still active work on it to squash bugs!

It may be that they are indeed active in developing Flex Layout, but how many months will it take to resolve the bugs that the community has already reported?

3 Likes