New UIListLayout Flex Features [Beta]

Great feature! Have had no issues with it at all, very simple to understand too.

As others have mentioned, is there any ETA of when clients will get access to this feature?

3 Likes

Any ETA on when will get out of beta? We are currently adopting this already and we expect to release the game next month. Hopefully, it will be out sooner than later.

(Edit I clicked the wrong reply button)

5 Likes

Ya true, finally we doesn’t have to code custom functionalities that Roblox should have come with, it did at last. :sweat_smile:

Not working on Roblox Game Client.
Studio only. :frowning:

1 Like

It will not work in-game until it’s out of bata.

2 Likes

The flex alignment settings don’t seem to work with vertical and horizontal alignment.

I want to use this to align my inventory UI in the bottom right, like so:

1 Like

Hi, what is the UIListLayout.FillDirection in your example?

If you have FillDirection=Horizontal, and HorizontalAlignment=Right, VerticalAlignment=Bottom, Wraps=true, you should see something like this:

The UIListLayout tries to fit all the items in the first line (left to right), then wraps the overflowing items to the next line. Then it shifts everything to the bottom right of the parent frame because of the Vertical/Horizontal alignment settings.

1 Like

Ideally I’d like something like this but with it flipped vertically. Is this possible?

I don’t exactly recall the properties I had but I believe it was horizontal when I tried it out.

OK I see, I don’t believe we have any settings for flipping the horizontal or vertical fill directions currently on UIListLayout. I’ll add this as a feature request for flex layout.

You could try using UIGridLayout with StartCorner=BottomRight to get reversed fill directions for x and y, but I think what you are asking for is reversed y only:

Is there any official release date of this feature? I’ve made all of my GUI’s with this feature but still waiting for months.

1 Like

i am wondering the same, i have a game that relies on Wrap. just to find out it doesn’t work in an online instance due to its beta stage. it is a very useful feature in my UI development and i’d love for this to release sooner.

1 Like

I was wondering the same and asked in the recent AMA

3 Likes

That’s my problem: never reading something entirely😭

2 Likes

Is there a timeline for this being shipped to production beyond “next few months” as of a month ago?

2 Likes

Yes, it would be helpful to know approximately when this will be live. Thanks

4 Likes

Hoping this can be shipped to clients relatively soon, used them a bit in an overhaul and I’d love to include them!

Hi all, thanks for your interest in releasing this feature! The latest update is I will be turning on some fixes in the Studio Beta to address the major bugs that have been reported so far.

I am also working on some performance and functionality testing. If that all goes well, the goal date to release this feature on the client is still in the next few months. We’ll keep you updated as we get closer to shipping!

9 Likes

Was using this feature and forgot I enabled this beta feature a while ago so I was super confused why it wasn’t working as intended in a live server. Super useful feature and I can’t wait for it to be released!

2 Likes

Hi all,

Just FYI I pushed some updates to the UIListLayout flex features beta today! This should fix these bugs:

Also here are some details on how Automatic Size works with flex layout (we will have more documentation on this later):

• If AutomaticSize is enabled for a UIListLayout child in the flex direction, this means use “automatic flex basis”. So we first calculate the minimum size of this item needed to contain its content, and this is the “flex basis” size. Then, we allow the item to grow/shrink based on available space from its basis size.

• If AutomaticSize is enabled for a UIListLayout child in the cross direction, this means “automatic cross size”: the cross size is calculated as the minimum size needed to contain all the child’s content after the flex size is determined.

Please let me know if you find any other bugs in the beta!

7 Likes

Do we have a release date as of late?

1 Like