New UIPageLayout layout type

UIPageLayout is now enabled. It is a new layout type based on the idea of pages which you can swap through, with one page being active at a time. It is animated out of the box, tweening between pages. It supports touch scrolling and gamepads natively.

Place file: ExamplePlace.rbxl (15.4 KB)

API docs: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class/UIPageLayout

Please report any bugs or usability issues you find!

53 Likes

I love this!!
The description for Circular on the wiki is a bit confusing though.
Took me a while to realize that it goes back to the first page after reaching the last one. It was the word “ends” that threw me off lol

All I need now is to be able to use ClipDescendants on rotated GuiObjects so I can use this feature in my game lol

7 Likes

This seems to not be working for me on mobile, but it works fine on desktop. Here is how I have mine setup (ignore the ScrollingFrame, it’s a regular Frame titled that because I switched out the scrolling frame for this without changing the code):

bfc3e95a3eb8f67b64a125edb128d96cc564b70f.png

1bf60cc0b5d88f2ccfe994288192443eb06d1d8c.png

2 Likes

What’s the issue, exactly?

Oh sorry. The scrolling doesn’t work on mobile. I can see all my “tabs” but
it doesn’t move when I swipe. I can give you access to the game if you want
to see.

1 Like

It’d be better if you could give a place file or a model file.

Unsure if this is intentional, but there seems to be a behavior where the constraint will not snap to a page on mobile, it will snap after tapping on a gui.

Edit: This is using the in-studio touch emulator, not a real device, I don’t know how it would act live

Gif of behavior

af87bee180aec9b91fb5adda611692e2a7203f74.gif

PageLayout.rbxmx (19.4 KB)

Yeah, that’s a known bug, I’ll be looking into it soon.

3 Likes

I will DM you a place file later today.

1 Like

It looks like the issue is the ImageButtons. They’re sinking the input before the page layout can process it. I’m not sure if it’s possible to fix this with how Roblox currently handles input, but I’ll look into it.

2 Likes

I found a fix. It’ll be released soon :tm:.

3 Likes

Is there any chance that this fix will release in the next week or so?

1 Like

It should be on tomorrow, hopefully.

4 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. You are a god send.

The fix should be enabled now.

3 Likes

I just tested on iPad and it seems like the issue is still persistent there, not sure about android tablet.

Try updating roblox on your tablet to the latest version. There are currently some pretty old versions on mobile right now that we haven’t force upgraded.

1 Like

Yeah updated and it works now. I almost had a heart attack with a big bug this close to launch.

1 Like

Did these layouts stop working with scrolling? I use them in my game, and players can no longer scroll. Instead it just zoom their cameras in/out.

1 Like

this is not intentional if happening. Is there a repro I can look at?

3 Likes