New ZIndex Property on Decals and Textures

jesus christ, this has been long overdue! finally we are gonna have less awkward z issues with stacked decals rendering in arbitrary order

2 Likes

this a great update now its easy to make gradient colors and stuff on a part.

Brilliant! Yet another update noone asked for yet everyone wanted.

1 Like

Fantastic update! I’ve been waiting for this for a while. Just what I needed for an aspect in one of my games .Thank you Roblox. :+1:

1 Like

This is the wonderful update I have been waiting for years!
Thank you Roblox!

This update is great!

I’m not sure that decals haven’t got an update in a long time or never had one besides bug fixes.

This brings more possibilities with decals now and I’m really liking it.

Yes!!, I have been asking for this since 2016, fantastic update!

1 Like

SO Good! I rarely do UI design but every time i have this has been an issue, Love it!

This is nice, but a cast shadow property on textures and decals would also be nice

bumping this because its still a problem, kinda sucks that this doesn’t work seeing as this use case is the main reason people have been requesting this feature

2 Likes

Right, have those in my game already. I was using visible/invisible. But will change the ZINDEX now.

thank you so much for adding this update. I remember having to delete and add in decals to get correct index.

Yes, they will both render and have performance impact.

4 Likes

@MrGreystone the problem you are mentioning is covered in this post: Adding a Texture loads out parts without textures - #6 by hyperhumanist

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

2 Likes

I was really excited when I saw this announced, but it’s not working as intended, as some people here have already mentioned. Decals will often overlap despite being on entirely separate layers.

2 Likes

yes crusty doom sprites dont look good please add this engine feature

1 Like

Can you please provide a placefile with an example of where it doesn’t work?

A update for the reflectance of decals and textures would be quite helpful as well, there are some that I want no reflectance from, like pictures, because it kind of messes up the image and coloring a bit.

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve experienced a bug where the ZIndexing doesn’t work with other decals when viewing from close proximity. I made a video displaying all the information about the problem