Newly uploaded models display 404 Error Page on Creator Store for 20-30 minutes

Upon using the “Save to Roblox” option on an asset in Roblox Studio, it successfully uploads a Model to the Roblox website. However, starting on April 29th, 2024, the Roblox Creator Store page for any newly uploaded Model says:

Page cannot be found or no longer exists
404 | Page not found

• This 404 error persists for ~20-30 minutes after uploading the asset (times may vary, but this is the average timeframe I observed after uploading 4 Models).

• While the error is present, the asset does not appear in “Creations” → “Development Items” → “Models & Packages” category on the Roblox Creator Dashboard.

• However, if the asset was uploaded to a Roblox account and not a group, the asset can be seen in the “Models & Packages” tab of the user’s Inventory on the Roblox website. If you try to navigate to the page of the asset, it will still display the 404 error page.
  • While the error is present, the asset also does not appear in the “Inventory” section of the Roblox Studio Toolbox.

• While the error is present, you can successfully overwrite the asset that was uploaded to the Roblox website, but that will not affect the viewing status of the page.

• This behavior occurs for assets uploaded to an individual Roblox account or a group.

• This behavior occurs whether or not the “Distribute on Marketplace” option is turned on or off.

To visualize this behavior, I’ve compiled several reference images in chronological order, which can be viewed below:

Reference images & Timeline of events

(All of this took place on April 29th, 2024. All times included are based in Pacific Standard Time)

~5:30 PM

However, all of which were either marked as “Closed” or “Fixed”, and none appeared to be relevant to the issue I was observing.

• I reopened Roblox Studio and moved the included Script and LocalScript into a Model instead of a Folder, then uploaded it over the existing asset to see if that changed anything, but the error persisted.

5:37 PM (The testing begins)

• I reopened Roblox Studio and uploaded an individual part to one of my groups, naming the asset “Test”. (Around the same time, I also uploaded an individual folder directly to my account, StrongBigeMan9, called “test folder”, and the page was broken. I successfully overwrote it by uploading an individual Part to “test folder”, but the page remained broken).

• Navigating to the page of the asset resulted in the 404 error occurring:

Creator Dashboard page for my account, StrongBigeMan9

Creator Dashboard page for my group, named “Emancyphur”

• When viewing the “Models & Packages” section of my account’s Inventory page, all of the newly uploaded models where the “Creator” field was set to “Me” (and not my group) appeared in my inventory. However, when trying to navigate to the pages of these items from here, it still displayed the 404 error.

5:48 PM

I asked the members of my community server if any of them were experiencing the same issue. One of them responded, informing me that the same thing happened to them, posting a screenshot of the 404 error page:

5:52 PM

• At 5:52 PM, the first Model I had uploaded (Gui Equipping Accessories (Example Scripts)), now appeared on my Roblox Creator Dashboard. I was able to navigate to the page of the asset without the 404 error appearing, and it now appeared in the “Inventory” section of the Toolbox.
    • Approximate Upload Time: 5:30 PM
    • Amount of time until Creator Store page became viewable: ~22 minutes

5:59 PM

• At 5:59 PM, one of the other Models I had uploaded (test folder) now appeared on my Roblox Creator Dashboard. The page was now functional, just like what happened with the previous asset.
    • Approximate Upload Time: 5:35 PM
    • Amount of time until Creator Store page became viewable: ~24 minutes

6:06 PM

At 6:06 PM, the Test model I uploaded to one of my groups now appeared on the Roblox Creator Dashboard, with the page being accessible; same behavior as the previous asset.

• Approximate Upload Time: 5:37 PM
  • Amount of time until Creator Store page became viewable: ~29 minutes (although it might have been visible a few minutes prior)

6:20 PM

I ran one final test at 6:20 PM, restarting the entire process of uploading an asset (which was named Final Model Upload Test) and then waiting until its Creator Store page worked, but this time, I made sure that any browser extensions that affect the Roblox website were turned off (just to eliminate additional variables to narrow down what could be causing the issue).

My Roblox Inventory at 6:21 PM

The page of the asset at 6:21 PM

The “Models & Packages” section of my Roblox Creator Dashboard page at 6:21 PM

6:47 PM

At 6:47 PM, the Final Model Upload Test model I uploaded to my account, StrongBigeMan9, now appeared on the Roblox Creator Dashboard, with the page being accessible; same behavior as the previous assets.

• Upload Time: 6:20 PM
  • Amount of time until Creator Store page became viewable: ~27 minutes
  • Amount of time until the asset became viewable in the “Inventory” section of Roblox Studio’s Toolbox: ~31 minutes (it took 4 minutes after it was viewable on the Creator Store to appear in the Toolbox).

The “Models & Packages” section of my Roblox Creator Dashboard page at 6:47 PM

The page of the asset at 6:47 PM

At 6:51 PM, the newly uploaded asset appeared in the “Inventory” section of Roblox Studio’s Toolbox

Date First Experienced:

• April 29th, 2024

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open any place in Roblox Studio

2. Right click any asset in the Workspace (Part, Folder, Model, Script, etc.)

3. Select the “Save to Roblox” option

4. In the “Asset Configuration” prompt that appears, choose the following options:

• Content Type: Development Item
    • Asset Category: Model
    • Creator: Me (or choose a group)
  5. Then, press “Save”

6. Navigate to the page of the item through the “Successfully Submitted” prompt that appears after pressing Save

7. Observe that the page for the asset displays the following error:

Page cannot be found or no longer exists
404 | Page not found

Roblox Studio Beta Features Enabled:

• Faster Play Solo
  • New Audio API
  • Notched Screen Support
  • Updated Roblox Controls

System Information:

• Windows 10 OS. Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
  • Memory: 32.0 GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Browser Information:

• Google Chrome - Version 124.0.6367.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Expected behavior

Upon Roblox Studio displaying that an asset was “Successfully Submitted” to the Roblox website, the expected behavior is that the Creator Store page for the newly uploaded asset should display:

• The name of the uploaded item
  • The description of the uploaded item
  • A thumbnail preview of the uploaded item
  • Everything else that is typically included on a standard Creator Store page for a Model asset

Without being presented with a 404 Error page for an extended period of time.

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations?activeTab=Model

We apologize for any inconvenience. This issue has now been resolved.

2 Likes