Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

I got a black box in the top right corner closing the studio while tooltip is on, it require me to restart my PC to remove the blackbox(grey*)

1 Like

Thanks! Sorry about the plugin crash. We have a fix for it ready to go but it was too risky to push out as a hotfix/patch before the next release.

Yes you will be able to create multiple tabs and put any combination of plugins/tools together on them. Plugins and tools can also be in multiple places so you won’t be forced to pick which tab a tool appears (like how Select, Move, Scale, etc tools are in the current tabs)

I also think we’re going to keep looking into smooth scrolling tabs vs the overflow menu. We did a little bit of work there but just couldn’t get it working well enough in time for the first release.

And lastly, please try stabilize the boxes (plugin blocks) from popping up every time we test the experience, especially since they were not open in the 1st place.

I don’t quite follow this part. Are you talking about plugin panels opening up when you didn’t open them? There are some plugins explicitly coded to do this (for example Brushtool does this to me all the time). But I’m not sure if that’s what you mean.

2 Likes

this design is very human ngl, i like it it looks modern yk I love this update :heart:
just 1 thing, this section bar is causing too much space :sob:

1 Like

I think it’s just the difference between Team Create mode where everything is always server sync’ed. So “Download a Copy” is implying you can have a local file of it but the server version is still the source of truth.

3 Likes

Yeah we are actively talking about this. The dev team thinks it may be possible to allow some level of customization of the default tabs. At a bare minimum you’ll be able to hide them and effectively use only custom tabs you create (make your own View tab!) but I think we can do better than that.

2 Likes

Hide Ribbon and other appearance settings will be coming soon in future Beta updates.

2 Likes

Excellent call out! I see absolutely no reason why we can’t get those in there.

2 Likes

Yes this is highly requested and we already have plans to bring this back. Just ran out of time on this first release. Thanks for making video!

1 Like

The “split button” component is brand new and we will definitely make it possible for plugin devs to support. Not sure if we could automatically do it with existing plugins but I’ll run it by our devs.

2 Likes

why do you guys have a timelimit? surely things will get butchered and rushed if you don’t get the necessary time to finish stuff

Wouldn’t the best course of action here be to allow us to customize this behavior instead of allowing plugin creators to force this on their users? Maybe even allow us to group completely separate plugins into one dropdown.

Roact is honestly way worse than QT. This is not gonna be a very liked update.

why does the collaboration button in Window not even work?

1 Like

when i enable the new feature roblox studio crashes upon opening the program. The time it takes to crash is different usually within 5 seconds after opening.

The new UI doesn’t use Roact and instead uses react-lua/React Roblox which is a direct port with some deviations from React

3 Likes

See top of thread - most likely an issue with some installed plugins (there have a been a few identified in this thread). Will be fixed in the next release. For now try disabling some or all plugins to use the beta until this is resolved.

Sometimes after closing studio it also seems to not fully shut down and has a random dark square on your screen

(This seems to have only happened with this beta enabled, for me atleast)

Uploaded log files here

2 Likes

There should be an option to adjust the amount of padding or the size of all the buttons; There’s far too much space between them imo. There should also be an option to combine the top two ribbons, there’s a lot of empty space in them, and they take up more vertical space than necessary.

Unless both of those options already exist? If so could someone lmk where they are

@MeshOfPaul sorry for a offtopic iseu but after you save a plugin multiple times you can’t save it anymore and it random says cannot create more than one plugin with the same id it’s not related to new ui but it is related to Studio since you guys are rewriting it maybe you can fix that

1 Like

It looks so ugly and unprofessional. I prefer the old design much more. :-1: The placement of the buttons in this new UI doesn’t feel intuitive at all, making it harder to navigate and use. If this is really going to be the default design of Studio, then at least add some animations.