Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

3 Likes

I’m not experiencing any type of issue mentioned in this whole thread… There’s no crashing, not slow at all, no UI cutoffs and the tooltips are a tad bit slow but it doesn’t bother me at all because I just use shortcuts.

Yeah needless to say, I LOVE THIS NEW UI!!!

i actually like this UI

but my only problems are:

the spacing (that was already named)
and the plugins menu because the buttons can no longer be distinguished from which plugin they come from

Really happy to see Studio getting a facelift- and it looks quite good. As a Mac user I’m glad to finally have a functional Help search bar.

I have been searching for the Emulator button for the past 20 mins and can’t seem to find it. Anybody now how to enable it?

1 Like

It has been renamed to Device apparently

2 Likes

Ah it’s been moved out of the toolbar into a menu. Thank you

I need the plugins, I can’t just disable them

Thanks for being willing to listen and communicate with the community even prior to this launch, it truly means a lot. I already see a lot of potential with this new beta and I’m super excited to see the UI continue to get polished.

I really love that MacOS now finally uses the menu bar for everything, it feels so much better :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work!

Just noticed too that the ‘Download Copy’ button is no longer present! Quite an important one that I use often.

Can this be disabled? Roblox Studio has a 100% crash rate for me. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I’ve been using the Roblox Studio for about 2/half year now. I think my suggestion is shrink a little bit about the upper UI of the studio so we as a game dev we can have a lot of space on the screen specially to me having a 14-inch screen display or maybe setting for that about adjusting the UI size just like Android Phones in the settings. I would love to see that btw. :smiley:

+1 to this, having all plugin buttons visible without being in dropdowns feels really weird.

It feels like a step backwards, since this update compressed a handful of buttons down to one dropdown menu (such as inserting a Script)

This could just be a result of the new dropdown behavior? Not too sure.

2 Likes

I wish they’d Luauize the Qt instead and make more hooks

I’ve noticed that the Download buttons have also been removed from all places in the Creator Hub dashboard as well.

3 Likes

studio crashes when i open a place with the preview enabled :neutral_face:

Are you guys trying to remove QT?

Mostly because Roact is slow, not sure about the polyfilled React 17.

2 Likes

Anyone know how to save to file? or am I just blind (also my bad if such a post already exists, I have read many of the posts here, but not all of them.)

2 Likes

Eventually! :slight_smile:

Studio has a lot of UI, much of which is built by the community, It’s going to take a ton of time and effort before we can get everything updated.

So before we go too hard in that direction, we’d rather get feedback and iterate on the “core” UI first.

4 Likes

Personally I am not a fan of this new UI. Please allow us to choose which UI we use, because I would not like to use this.

1 Like