Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

I’m concerned about how much less information density there is. The current studio doesn’t require many clicks to access everything I need. This one looks like it’ll give me 80% of what I need, then require 80% more time for the remaining 20% :confused:

9 Likes

It’s crashing my studio when I enable it and open a place.

9 Likes

This looks very appetizing, yummy!

6 Likes

This feels like I’m using Microsoft Office instead of Roblox.
This is not a good thing for those that don’t get it.

9 Likes

I would love to try the new UI, but everytime I try to open any project, studio crashes. This only happens with the new UI. Not sure why.

4 Likes

I’ve been eagerly anticipating the day when Studio is built fully in Luau - and this is the first step! Huge congrats to everyone involved.

I have my own qualms about the layout of the plugin tab, but ultimately I understand this is a beta and I’m really looking forward to all of those concerns getting addressed in due time. This is a great long term improvement :slight_smile:

14 Likes

This update seems to crash as soon as I open a Roblox place.

6 Likes

I enabled the beta but I can no longer open up experiences without my studio crashing.

4 Likes

Roblox’s current Ribbon is pretty much taking direct inspiration from actual Microsoft Office. The resemblance is not coincidental, and is in fact already there even prior to the redesign!

8 Likes

Absolutely love the new direction for studio’s UI. Very happy with the features we have so far, nice work!!

3 Likes

Looks cool but it only seems the top-bar is the only thing changed here. the rest doesnt match it at all.

I cant even open a place/play around with it since roblox crashes every time i try to open a place with the new UI.

2 Likes

Studio works fine for me with the new UI, hasn’t crashed once

2 Likes

I’m all for this as long as you’ll be able to change the alignment of the tabs. I’m not sure how to feel about them being in the center now.

4 Likes

i will never look at roblox the same anymore and i mean that negatively

4 Likes

Can’t even use it, when entering studio it crashes. We we’re shown a whole ui change of studio not just the topbar at RDC!

2 Likes

That’s literally the reason of why this feature is in: Beta

11 Likes

I actually have the opposite concern as an ultrawide user. Ergonomically, I kinda despise the left aligned trend, and it’d be better for my neck strain if more things were centred:

18 Likes

I really like the way the new UI looks

anyways, Ive found a bug with the plugins tab:

my cursor is on the plugin on the right but Im getting the description for the one on the left, this is probably because they have the same name? Im not sure.

the topbar has always been big on my small laptop screen so I’d like to keep it hidden when Im not using it, so it would be nice if we can get a minimize option like the previous UI :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe 3-way options for left, center, and right would be best then.

7 Likes

As far as I understand this is a part of the new update, feeding our creations into AI, making it more accessible for general public to create and learn… less… by prompts to the AI?

Thanks for notifying this publicly, not enabling this by default everywhere (giving 60 days), not hiding this into an unreadable legal agreement or anything like that, I’ve personally opted out, and think many will do too. You can disable this being default on every place you publish and save.

4 Likes