NextSelection within a ScrollingFrame doesn't behave as expected

I have written code which automatically sets the NextSelections for Up/Down/Left/Right where applicable.

The parent ScrollingFrame is consisted of multiple Frames (vehicle category lists) containing a UIGridLayout, an expand/collapse button to show the full list, and the vehicle images that you can see in the video attached below.

The NextSelections are set properly, I have verified this multiple times. They are set according to the potential selections around them.

I have it set so that the buttons to expand/collapse the lists have their NextSelectionUp set to the last entry in the list above. Left/right when navigating in the lists works flawlessly, however when you try and go up/down in most cases it jumps way up or way down. It completely ignores the NextSelectionUp/Down property.

I want to make my game as user-friendly as possible, and for that to be a reality I’m trying to accommodate for all devices. This is seriously impacting my ability to make navigating the menu easy.

In the video below I select the collapse/expand button, which has it’s NextSelectionUp property set to the last instance in the list above. Instead, it jumps to the first list (there are at least 5 separate vehicle category lists between them)

https://gyazo.com/60af9e83a6189b60b1c162b9d55729f8

Now I’m certain I’m not the only person who has experienced something like this, so if anyone who stumbles upon this happens to have a solution they’d be willing to share, that’d be great!