Night sky "mist"

I’ve been trying to create a somewhat decent night time sky.

My goals for this is to recreate something similar to this:

The color doesn’t matter as much as the mist does.I’m not sure if this is possible to create with just lighting as the Atmosphere object does help with this but won’t do much at making the buildings visible.

The only way I believe this could be solved is perhaps through some use of particles in CurrentCamera,but even that makes me wonder how to let buildings be clear at some parts.

Your first picture looks like the Mansion of Wonder template in studio… and that template has very nice fog. Why don’t you try that template out and export what you need from it.

1 Like

I suggest using translucent dust particles

1 Like

I’m not looking for stationary fog.It’s the same concept as Atmosphere’s Density,however I want it to work with particles because of both mist and buildings being visible.
Great suggestion though I might try something with those fog particles.

1 Like

There is a Steam particle you could play with on a larger scale to maybe get it to look like mist. Also when you say stationary what do you mean, do you want it to roll through a large area or just be animated?

1 Like

I want the particles to stay around the player,as in when the player looks up there are no fog particles to see because they are on the ground,once the player looks down at the ground the particles can be seen.

1 Like