Night-time lighting for an upcoming racing game

Hey all, this is my finalized night-time lighting for my upcoming drag racing game using a 2005 Subaru Impreza Bugeye. (pics aren’t full res due to studio)

7 Likes

The car looks awfully plastic, the road texture can be seen recurring and the graffiti is way too vibrant and looks out the place, the lighting in general is good

2 Likes

The vibrance could be in part to the lights of the car. The car is using a light script that I coded for it, so the lights being on might affect that. I will take into consideration about what you said. And for the car being plastic, I really didnt want to turn the reflectance up too much, cause in other games that this is used in, the lighting isn’t as good. It’s one of my friend’s personal cars that he takes to car groups. With that being said, I’ll see how the car looks with a bigger reflectance number.

This is very good, It looks like one of Tryler’s games.

1 Like

Woah, this looks nice! Wondering when this game will come out? (and yes, i am a subaru enthusiast, as you can see)

The game is currently in very early stages of development, but we have our first cars modeled and I am going to start the whole car buying and customization system very soon. All of the cars will have fake brand names (DMCA), but I know that there will be a subaru in the game. I don’t have an ETA at the moment, but hopefully sometime next year. Hope to see you there :slight_smile:

Thanks for the follow up! Can’t wait to visit that game, looks amazing!