Night Time Sky Box Way Too Dark To Show The Build

I’ve been trying to figure out something but nothing seems to work

I want that the build becomes more visible to the players.

As you can see its night time in the game and it’s only the beginning of the night in the day-night cycle and it’s so dark that you can barely see anything.

I tried to play around with brightness but it did not do much.

I don’t know what I should do in a situation like this please help on how I can make the build more visible at night time/skybox.

Overall I just want that during the night no matter what I make it can be visible.

2 Likes

You could try the brightness as you said.

You could also artificially light the build.

You could make the ambiance as white (255, 255, 255) as possible.

You could try the brightness as you said.

The thing with this is that there will be daytime so it will become way too bright in the daytime.

You could also artificially light the build.

I didn’t really get what you mean by this?? I don’t know what this is so please explain it.

Use something like this (might need tweaking):

game:GetService("Lighting").Changed:Connect(function(prop)
    if prop == "ClockTime" then
        if game:GetService("Lighting").ClockTime <= 7 or game:GetService("Lighting").ClockTime >= 19 then
            game:GetService("Lighting").Brightness = 10
        else
            game:GetService("Lighting").Brightness = 2
        end
    end
end)

You could use structures and PointLights to add artificial (not daylight) light to your structures.

Sorry, I’m still kinda new to scripting I got what you tried to do with that script.

might need tweaking

But what do mean by this??

Just the ClockTime numbers might overlap into daytime, so they might need lowered or raised.

Oh thank you so much I will try it out :smiley:

Set the time to day, put in a night skybox, and mess around with the lighting.

Hey, I know that I’m replying a day later but thank you so much because of you my game looks exactly what I wanted it to. :grin:

1 Like

dude, its three parts and a dummy, where is the build

you could try to hire @Crazedbrick1 when he is open

Insert ColorCorrection into Lighting and experiment with the brightness.

A build is a build - maybe it isn’t done yet.

1 Like

ah ok, i jus saw the three parts

If your still having this issue, In the properties for lighting under appearance there is an option called ambient. If you increase the brightness of this, it should make it easier to see.

Hope this helps!

You could put a surface light on the baseplate or change the ambience to a brighter color at night.

Also, have you tried making it sunrise/sunset instead of day/night?

Ok, I will try and see if this helps.

No, cuz I dont know how to make sunrise/sunset

It’s simple. Mess with the time in the lighting properties. It’ll take a few tries to get it right where you want, but its a lot simpler than you think to make it sunrise/sunset.

TRY THIS. In the command bar at the bottom of roblox studio, type the command: game.Lighting.TimeOfDay = “12:00:00” then hit enter. When the time starts to get dark again just hit enter on the command again etc. This is easier than populating your workspace with artificial lighting or using plugins as .

UPDATE: nvm i realised what ur saying now and u should probably just play around with color correction, skyboxes, brightness and contrast values and personally for the brightest and nicest part of night i normally choose the time “03:50:00” and i disable day/night plugin so it stays at that time continuously during game and in studio.

1 Like

You could try changing the GeographicLatitude in the Lighting properties until you get a brighter lighting, if you don’t mind changing the position of the moon.