No disconnect message in universe games

The same is happening to my story game, the players in my game are just randomly teleported to another place (of the same game), and I have no teleporting or kicking scripts, it just directly kick a person to the lobby of the game.

This is really annoying since half of the people who are playing the game are just randomly kicked at any random part with no reason given, the game has suddenly got so many dislikes and the group wall is being spammed with the error, any idea?

Hi, may I ask is this behavior intended? (Part of the game mechanics?) If not I will forward this to the networking team to take a look. Thanks.

1 Like

No it’s not supposed to be happening, the players are supposed to teleport back to the lobby once if they have finished the game or they have died just like many story games. I don’t have any script which kicks players anywhere but I just have the teleporting script which is only fired through events if a player dies or the game ends so I have no idea what’s happening but this is going on since like 2-3 days. Thanks for a response though, I hope this will be fixed soon :slight_smile:

We are preparing for the holiday season which we have to turn on a flag that might invoke the issue with no error prompt for custom teleport gui place again. We are planning to do a larger fix while according to the end-of-year releasing schedule it would only be effective starting from the beginning of next year. Meanwhile, if you really think this issue is a big deal, you can have the default loading screen temporarily. Any issues that is not with custom teleport screen would be new issues and we need some more investigations. Sorry for the inconvenience and this is currently at our top priority.

2 Likes

Just to make sure, by saying above, you mean players get teleported into unintended sub-places of games while during the process of playing the game even not being disconnected…? Currently if you get disconnected during game, it will only be able to connect you back to the starter place.

1 Like

The game has just 2 places, 1 is starter place and other is 2nd place where the whole game is played. The starter place is the lobby for the game and players teleport from starter place to the 2nd place to play the game just like most of the story games. But sometimes, when you’re playing the game (in the 2nd place), some people will just randomly teleport to the starter place for unknown reason.
https://www.roblox.com/games/5848693284/

Is there any update yet? Because the thing is still happening.

The same is happening to my game. When a player is kicked, no kick message appears on the client and the client completely freezes.

1 Like

We are actively fixing it and hopefully the patch will be released next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Thank you for the update. I found out about this today while working on my server hub doing private server commands, which uses a “hub” place to queue to the actual game.

Hopefully the fix comes out soon enough, I’m releasing a huge update for my game expected by the end of the month, with this added in - it’s one of the core features it needs.

1 Like

Any updates on this please?
So that I can tell if I need to make custom kick messages or not?

Hi, thanks for your patience. We tried a fix for this, but we discovered another issue caused by the fix which results in the deferral of the release for around two weeks for further testing. Sorry for that.

3 Likes

Any updates regarding this issue?

I think custom kick messages are likely the solution at this point :frowning:
Is there an API to detect when a user has disconnected to make this pop up?

1 Like

Just go with custom kick messages, that’s what I had to end up doing. Make the kick messages display whenever a player gets kicked in your code - (for actual internet disconnect messages you could probably insert a gui into the PlayerGui on PlayerRemoving and have it wait a couple seconds before showing so that if they actually disconnected, that would show up). If a player leaves normally, their client will be closed already so they wouldn’t see that GUI.

Also you should check if they came from another server using GetJoinData because on the first join, normal kick messages still work (obviously because it’s the start place). It’s only when you teleport with a custom loading screen that this bug happens

It looks like this issue is still not resolved.

I wish multi-place games were treated with the same priority as single-place games. Devs should consider this when choosing what idea to build.

3 Likes

I can repro this. I had to make my own UI appear when the kick command is used.