No information on GetBundleDetailsAsync

On the GetBundleDetailsAsync page, there is no description of the method or the dictionary it returns. The method would be really useful, there’s just no direct information on it, thus having to use it in studio and print out the table in JSON. This could potentially confuse new scripters who don’t know how it works.

The only information present are the parameters, it returns a dictionary, and it’s a yielding function, nothing on what it returns.

9 Likes

Considering that Humanoid descriptions seem to be on the way and live soon, I think that this documentation request should be fulfilled. It seems quite important to know the workings of this function, especially for games (such as Rthro-based games or Rthro Featured Games) that wish to present the ability to change bundles. After all, bundles are used for animations and packages.

On an unrelated note, I did some experimentation on this method and I was able to produce as close as one can get to documentation as of right now for this method. I don’t have any code examples I can present, but I do have a construct of the table that could be similarly useful.

Dictionary return for GetBundleDetailsAsync:

• number Id
  • string Description
  • string Name
  • string BundleType
  • table Items
    • subtable format:
    • number Id
    • string UserOutfit
    • string Name
1 Like

The page of GetBundleDetailsAsync is still blank. Bundles are becoming fairly prominent in games. This includes on-going support for bundles (especially for Rthro), new APIs (such as the Humanoid Description system) and their overall usage. Documentation would really be appreciated.

A recent thread spawned up inquiring how to prompt purchases for bundles in-game, to which a response stated that this method had to be used first before the purchase was prompted. That being said, it’s hard to determine where to look without asking the community because the page is still empty.

2 Likes

@Ozzypig can we get a response as to when this page will be updated? Really important method right now and it’s a shame that there’s no documentation on it yet.

I’ll prioritize this and see to it that it’s done by the end of the week, given no technical issues are blocking. Apologies that this has gone so unnoticed!

1 Like

Woohoo! thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

@Thundermaker300 Thank you for pointing this out! We’ve taken a look and added documentation to the DevHub for this function!

https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/function/AssetService/GetBundleDetailsAsync

Changes should be live tomorrow.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.