No option for CCPA/GDPR issues on Roblox Support webpage

Currently at this time, there is no option to pick to issue any requests in regards to the CCPA or GDPR relevant legislation.

User expects such an option but yet does not exist. No known start date of occurance. Originally a request but felt more better suited as a bug.

The requirements of an opinion may be required under relevant legislation

Previous post - As a feature request

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to issue a GDPR request.
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I can express my legal rights as an EU citizen in relation to my data rights.

I’m not going to waste your time with detail; just please add a section of the Roblox Support Page which allows me to issue a GDPR, plus would be to have sub sections for specific types or just other.

I understand this is below my typical standard but I would like this to be a thing asap

25 Likes

I think it would be good idea to add a section in the settings page which allows you to request a copy of all the data linked to your account - this has been done already by many large social media companies including Facebook and Twitter.

9 Likes

Moved from web features to bugs. Shall update.

We’re working on improvements to the support form. In the interim, if a subject doesn’t match exactly you can choose one that is the most applicable and fill out the form to the best of your ability, adding any notes for clarity in the message box.

30 Likes

No such option exists. I would be forced to pick an option which doesn’t apply in the slightest

3 Likes

Can confirm

5 Likes

While on the subject, can we also get an “Other” option? I’ve had questions for support that often times do not fit in any of these categories.

6 Likes

Would probably be abused by kids trying to ask for free robux or wanting to ban someone for calling them a noob.

4 Likes

Alright fair enough, that’s understandable

2 Likes

Then the next thing to do is contacting customer support via email instead from the Roblox website.

1 Like

Yeah, the same thing just happend to me. I was playing Lumber Tycoon 2 and then a random guy said: “Can Turtle leave so my friend can join?” I said no and then he: “My friend is 8 and we raported you” I think this idea is very bad or, only people 13+ can raport becasue everyone can see what kids are doing.

1 Like

Please ensure you stay on scope to the thread.

An option like other may be best as a second action further from this thread.
The idea that such an option would be abused while true exists for any of the options and should be appropriately handled. I don’t think the risk of abuse is enough to suggest complete removal although further review after implementation may help with that.

But again, that’s a second thought to the more pressing matter that the issue creates, namily the risk legally and how Roblox policy links to the support webpage and how Roblox now disallows emails directly.

5 Likes

I would also like to add there is no option for Brazil’s new-ish privacy law called LGPD (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados).

Would the rewrite include this? Plus is there any extra info on such content of this change?

3 Likes

Has there been any updates in this area? I appreciate that it takes times to develop new systems but I don’t think it’s inappropriate to request an update a year later.

Even if it’s just an option box for everything data protection to not require additional.

As citizens of the UK, EU, California and Brazil; Roblox should be meeting all our needs and give us all our rights under all relevant law. Not to do so is extremely disappointing from the platform, I hope Roblox makes quick changes to resolve the matter both from the internal and external side.

You could even offer self-help via a download button

4 Likes

I hate being the guy who bumps very old threads, but considering this is both a massive legal issue and just basic politeness as a company which is apparently worth 38 billion and growing every day, this should be a far more pressing matter.

As @railworks2 has said in the previous post, it would at the very least apply to the UK, EU, Brazil and California (ironically Roblox’s founding location and location of its main HQ) which is overall a reasonably large sized portion of the world and considering Roblox prides itself on being compliant with so many children related laws, surely they’d want to be just as compliant on basic privacy laws.

Small-ish ending note: While it’s not legally required, I know that many companies still provide these GDPR/information collection services to other/all locations across the world (eg Valve/Steam and Discord, for the two main ones that I can think of) and I personally would hope that Roblox applies the same courtesy in this situation.

And no, at the time of this reply it still isn’t a thing in the support options menu, unless it’s been buried away under some vague title.

2 Likes

GDPR/CCPA does not force every customer support form on a website to have an easily selectable option for privacy inquiries AFAIK. All that matters is that you provide an avenue, and I think there is a section about GDPR/CCPA in the TOS where it lists the contact email(s) for privacy inquiries.

Legality is not relevant here, the feature request should be about improving UX.

2 Likes

---- This is for EU users only. Anyone outside the EU cannot do this.
If anyone is still keeping up to date on this thread, to request a copy of your info you must follow some very exact steps, and be very cautious to not delete your account (More info as I go along) - Here’s how I did it (or at least got to where I could do it)

1. Go onto the support page and make a new ticket under “How To - General” asking how to request a copy of your information

2. Wait a few days

3. When support responds, make triple sure they aren’t trying to delete your account. Look for terms like “data privacy request” and “Right to Erasure”. If you don’t look for those, it is EXTREMELY easy for them to permanently delete your account. The first “human” response was a right to erasure request by mistake and I genuinely almost missed it.
    (Incase it wasn’t obvious, they clearly don’t read tickets whatsoever and just do a copypasta based on a single word/phrase. Very dangerous behaviour for something like this that could result in irreversible account deletion.)

4. Assuming either they didn’t mess up your ticket the first time or you corrected them and got a proper response in the next email (check by looking for “Right to Access”) you should be able to send the information they require

You WILL need to be in the EU to be allowed to do this. They explicitly state they require proof of residency from “a verifiable form of government ID” so if you live outside of the EU (as in the UK, Brazil and California cannot do this) then you will be unable to get a copy of your data.

If anyone from the EU does request a copy of their data, I’d love to know what kind of data is actually collected on users.

4 Likes

Since the publication of this request, Roblox has formally added this request.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.