No-Scope Arcade Summer Update (Patch notes)

We are so unbelievably happy to finally provide this huge update for No-Scope Arcade. Big shoutout to all of the developers who worked countless hours to provide you all of this! This update contains new movement, a new map, new content, a revamped nuke, bug fixes, and polishes!

As a side note, find the hidden code here to get 100 tokens and 500 XP for free! We promise it’s here, but you have to do some searching :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

By far, this is one of the most requested updates for NSA, and we delivered! This new map was carefully constructed by our manager, @Vuriety. Make sure to follow her twitter page to show some love.

Here is a sweet lil’ preview of what the map looks like:

Oh jeez, where do I start…

The old nuke was so unbelievably boring. Why get it if all that happens is a default Roblox explosion for each character?

Before we show you the new nuke, let’s show you the new content you are rewarded for the event:

Those who purchase the nuke will get:

• Hazmat Mark (Legendary Character)
  • Hazmat Jessica (Legendary Character)
  • Hazmat (Legendary Character)
  • TOXIC Bayonet (Legendary Melee)
  • TOXIC Kusurigama (Legendary Melee)
  • AWP Meltdown (Legendary Gun Skin)
  • TOXIC Kill Effect (Legendary Kill Effect)
  • TOXIC Tracer (Legendary Bullet Tracer)
  • “Radioactive” Badge
  • “The Intoxicator” Badge

Well, what if you didn’t purchase it, but somebody on your server did? You still get content!
For just experiencing the nuke, you get:

• Hazmat (Legendary Character)
  • TOXIC Bayonet (Legendary Melee)
  • TOXIC Kill Effect (Legendary Kill Effect)
  • Radioactive Badge

The toxic melees and the meltdown AWP all have animated textures too!

Here is a clip of the nuke, as well as the Meltdown AWP and TOXIC Kusurigama:

Gun skins, melees, characters, tracers, and kill effects! There is so much more to get in this new update.

Here is a screenshot of new weapon skins taken directly from our development place:

You’ll have to look in the shop to see the new melees and characters :wink:

But wait… new kill effects? Yes! Check some of them out:

And also… TRACERS??? YUP!

We’ve been working on tracer functionality for a bit now, and now that content is finally here. Here are some previews of them:

And you might notice later, but the one to the very left isn’t in-game yet. We’ll add it soon for a future cross-game collab (ssshhhh) :shushing_face:

Finally, the last bit of content is a new original soundtrack. This new OST is replacing the old one. This change is automatic, so no need to buy/equip it. You can listen to it here:

We will also upload the OST to other platforms soon, such as Spotify, Apple Music, and more.

We added a new movement mechanic to really spice up the game: wall hopping! A wall hop is done by sprinting towards any wall and jumping off of it, launching you vertically and horizontally. Wall hopping, just like sliding and initial sprinting, gives you a temporary speed boost. You can even stack these!

I’m quite terrible at these still, but here is my attempt at doing some wall hops:

Hopefully, this can provide some opportunities for awesome clips and even awesome-er emergent gameplay.

We fixed a boatload of bugs in the game! Here is a list:

• Fixed a rare issue where the game would lock up forever.
  • Fixed an issue where guns would not equip for some users.
  • Fixed tracers sometimes not appearing.
  • Fixed an issue where the health bar would go past the maximum size (caused by a mod panel command, this won’t affect the average player).
  • Fixed floating-point errors for headshot % and KD ratio stats in the bottom-left HUD. This means you shouldn’t see something like “33.0000027383%”.
  • Fixed a rare bug where players can not fire their weapon or use their melee.
  • Fixed an extremely rare bug where weapons would appear multiple times in the shop.
  • Fixed a rare bug where certain melees could not be equipped.
  • Fixed a weird bug where default items would appear in the shop.
  • Fixed players not rag-dolling when nuked.
  • Optimized animation-based memory
  • Fixed an issue where in-game characters would not have a face
  • Fixed some item previews not showing
  • Fixed extremely rare issues with old data transfers
  • Fixed melees/weapons sometimes not playing any sounds
  • Fixed an issue where your weapon skins and melees would not show to other players on the server.

A bunch of other tiny bug fixes were also applied. You won’t notice these, but it might feel the game feel “less broken”.

A few polishes were also applied to improve the quality-of-life and gameplay inside NSA. Here are the changes we made:

• Characters in the shop no longer are purchased with UGC items, meaning you now buy them with tokens. Those who purchased the UGC items for them in the past still have the content.
  • Made bullet tracers much more visible.
  • In-game codes no longer require game updates. When a code is announced, it automatically applies to all servers within 1-10 minutes.
  • Made minor adjustments to movement.
  • In-game props and textures have more consistency and colors.
  • Knife hitboxes were slightly adjusted.
  • You can now reset your character 4 seconds after the match starts.

A few other tiny, unnoticeable polishes were made. You won’t be able to put your finger on it, but you might feel like the game just feels better.

We’ve learned so much when working on No-Scope Arcade. We know that many of the recent updates have unintentionally broken parts of the game. This is because we were not 100% thorough with our testing, and we only tested what we thought was affected.

As of this update, and moving forward, we will take much more time to test every part of the game any time of the update, even if it seems it would otherwise be unaffected. We understand your frustrations, and we share those frustrations ourselves.

Fun fact: bug fixes for this update took more time than all of the other things we implemented! We made sure to be extremely careful and spent hours upon hours of rigorous testing.

That aside, we will provide more exciting updates as time moves on! We also plan on doing a ton of events and collaborations with your favorite games; many of these are already in the works and will come in the near future!

We’re excited to show you what’s coming next, so keep an open ear to that.

The last thing I want to add is a real personal note from myself. For context, I’m Mia, better known as iGottic; I made sure to write these patch notes myself.

I could not be more grateful for such a wonderful and dedicated community. You all have really helped Iconic Gaming grow, giving so many opportunities to the developers who work so hard to give you all that you look for. Through sweat in tears, we truly had one ambition in mind: to stand out by making high-quality games. I can not thank you all enough for sticking around this long, so hearts to you all.

Alongside the upcoming NSA updates, we are on track to release some exciting new games, some of which have been anticipated for a long time, and others that we have been super secretive about.

The last thing I should mention is that the developers will soon drop codes on their Twitter accounts. Follow us all, as well as the Iconic Gaming account, so that way you can see them when they are there!

Shoutout to one of our veteran staff members for creating content:

Thanks for reading, and great regards,
Mia Gobble :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes