[No Solution] Roblox installs the incorrect version of Studio and Roblox Player

Note: The issue still occurs for Roblox Player but no longer occurs on Studio.

PC Info: Windows 11, Version 10.0.25905 Build 25905
Date first experienced: 7/21/23
Date last experienced: 8/3/23

Reproduction Steps:

1. Install Roblox or Roblox Studio
  2. Close it after it opens
  3. Reopen it and the error will occur

Expected Behavior: Roblox or Roblox Studio will run like normal
Actual Behavior: The error appears causing you to have to reinstall after every use

Every time studio or Roblox is reinstalled it works fine until I relaunch it. It says it is up-to-date in the launcher then show this error:

This is terrible for my workflow as I cannot work on multiple places at the same time which is needed for the game I am working on, without receiving this error.

I’ve had many issues like this with Roblox and Roblox Studio lately, one where I couldn’t play games on any device or network on my account but other accounts worked, and I am also still having an issue where I can only join games by joining servers directly, and another issue where I cannot be the first person in a team create session or colleagues will not be able to join.

Solutions I've tried that didn't work
  • Reinstalling Roblox
  • Completely reinstalling Windows (Physical USB & Remotely)
  • Creating a new user in Windows
5 Likes

Could you try to clear the Roblox folder after temporarily uninstalling Studio? It helps to reset Studio’s settings and may help with your issue.

Removing the Roblox Folder:

You must have both Roblox and Roblox Studio uninstalled first.

1. Press Win.+ R and type %appdata%.
  2. Go back up a folder level (or look at Explorer’s address bar and click on the AppData file).
  3. Go to the Local folder and search for the Roblox folder.
  4. Delete the Roblox folder. Install Studio again.

If this doesn’t work, you might want to try installing Studio from the Creator Dashboard and run the Launcher from there.

3 Likes

Did a complete reinstall of Windows and Roblox, the issue still persists.

3 Likes

How about checking your device’s time or made sure your device isn’t trying to connect to a Proxy? Check here for more information.

If not, try creating a new user account on your device, and see if the issue still persists from there.

2 Likes

I’m not using a proxy server but I’ll try to create a new user and see if the issue persists.

2 Likes

I created a new user and the issue still persists, also it’s been making my task bar disappear for like two seconds every time I launch Roblox or Roblox Studio.

1 Like

How about installing Studio from different browsers like Edge?

2 Likes

Doesn’t change anythingㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

1 Like

Well, I’m running out of ideas here :sweat_smile:.

You might want to contact Roblox Support and let them know of the solutions you have attempted.

2 Likes

Roblox has the absolute WORST support, I have never ever found a solution to anything there.

Here’s how my last support ticket went for context:

1 Like

You might want to specify the exact issue this time. If the issue keeps persisting, and Support doesn’t provide a fix, you would have to message @Bug-Support to report this issue.

1 Like

I did specify the exact issue and they basically just said to try reinstalling Roblox and restarting my computer. I’ll see if I still get the error tomorrow and will contact that group if I do.

1 Like

i’d rather you to buy new processor or such stuff, my friend with old processor from nowhere got each 10 minutes roblox player crash, and after buying new cpu no such issue

This issue isn’t related to my device and “buying a new processor” for almost $600 dollars is a stupid solution to this. I would rather Roblox just fix the issue. I have an Intel Core i9-9900KF. My Roblox wasn’t even crashing…

No one has such problems here, so i’d recommend you buy better processor or trying to launch roblox studio on virtual machine

Other people were having the same problem and I’m not buying another processor, you are not helpful. The issue has already fixed itself. I have a really good processor and I don’t know where you did your research to determine its my processor.

Stop giving solutions that aren’t backed up because that obviously wasn’t the issue.

Then just hit the “solution found” button and don’t bring it up, if you really want to figure out at least something, you’d use a virtual machine to see…

ig i must flag this to moderation, if you don’t want to close thread urself, because now you’re lying that there’s “no solution”, meanwhile you’ve got your problem solved by the magic of nowhere…

Topic was approved and posted here: Roblox installs the incorrect version of Roblox Player